Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM issues

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Hi guys my BCM makes a ticking/clicking noise from the BCM like the security is constantly being deactivated (the noise made when you press unlock on remote when you're sitting in the car with doors already open) as I drive and when car is parked. I initially thought it might be a broken earth in door jamb but it seems to happen regardless of position of the door yeh it's really bugging me.
So it's worse with the older crappier key fob. I was wondering 2 things - if I could have a new FOB coded to another MID that I have in the shed (not a timed over-ride type) and secondly can a FOB be re-coded/written or are the truly write once like the locksmith is telling me? thanks in advance

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Better off getting a BCM with the fob if you can find one the same, once the key is coded its all over, if you don't have the fob for your spare bcm then you will need the vin number it came out to get the key code.
But it may be something like a door actuator, I would remove the door card and unplug the wires to see if it stops, might be a relay on the actuator or micro switch causing it.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
and secondly can a FOB be re-coded/written or are the truly write once like the locksmith is telling me?

They can be re-coded but the chip must be removed off the PCB in the remote to do this. Only someone with this sort of advanced technical knowledge can do this as the E-Prom must be changed in the chip with it separated from the PCB and connected to another computer.

.....................so what your Locksmith is telling you is not strictly true, but economically he's spot on as no one will do that sort of work on a VR ~ VS key at this stage of the models age / life.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
Better off getting a BCM with the fob if you can find one the same, once the key is coded its all over, if you don't have the fob for your spare bcm then you will need the vin number it came out to get the key code.
But it may be something like a door actuator, I would remove the door card and unplug the wires to see if it stops, might be a relay on the actuator or micro switch causing it.

you are def onto something mate. I tried another BCM and key that has no issues at all and the POS kept twitching it's head off. i'll try the actuator tomorrow cheers

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
you are def onto something mate. I tried another BCM and key that has no issues at all and the POS kept twitching it's head off. i'll try the actuator tomorrow cheers
Good thing you only have 2 doors lol.