Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM on the way out?

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
VS V6 auto, mid bcm. Today drove the car about 10 kms then parked in a carpark. I went to lock the car with the the key button but it would not work so I closed it manually. Upon returning to the car unlocked it manually then key would not disable the immobiliser. Would not do anything. Got a lift and got the spare and went back. This key worked. But this key button will not lock the car.

Tested the battery in the key units and they are all good. (I replaced the battery in them about 12 months ago). Keys are kept clean and not exposed to water, dirt etc.

Do you think the BCM is on the way out or both keys have just died?

Thanks in advance.

Just checked error codes with tuner pro and there are no error codes.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
you should be able to sit in the car and arm / disarm via the key remote, you'l see the light on the dash blink when armed or not when it's disabled. The only other way to test is have the light on, then put the key in and turn it to on, the light should go out, if both of those dont disarm it then likely the key is dead. There's normally voltage on the keyring so even if the battery is flat you can still use the key in the ignition.

Samd86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S3 5L ute
Had a similar issue with mine which was intermittently playing up, pulled the bcm out and sent it to AFI in Melbourne, along with the key head, they reprogrammed both key and module and fixed a few loose connections while they had it, took 2 weeks to sort out and cost $180 including return freight to Wa