Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM & PCM Replacement

FroggerAli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
If any one needs this I have some feedback on the issue I reported earlier. So I changed absolutely everything that could be changed had every mechanic and auto elec scratching their heads, in the end my mechanic say back and thought completely out of the box and said"let me try 1 more thing", he removed the 3 plugs on top of the firewall (drivers side), cleaned the connections both ends with terminal cleaner, and there was another plug and lead on the auto, believe it or not, everything is now fixed. No more traction light or engine light or error codes, I could've saved nearly 2k. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Brandont347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Elxr6
If any one needs this I have some feedback on the issue I reported earlier. So I changed absolutely everything that could be changed had every mechanic and auto elec scratching their heads, in the end my mechanic say back and thought completely out of the box and said"let me try 1 more thing", he removed the 3 plugs on top of the firewall (drivers side), cleaned the connections both ends with terminal cleaner, believe it or not, everything is now fixed. No more traction light or engine light or error codes, I could've saved nearly 2k. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Brandont347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Elxr6
Cool good stuff and yes my problem was the same well nearly . in those three plugs there is 5 wires with a crimp going to 1 wire I had found the crimp had rusted away and the wires where only rubbing not joined so after resoldering the the car is fixed .

Frankiee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vx commodore v6
Hey Im having trouble with my vx commodore conversion done every think I didnt have the bcm that came with conversion but had key and Ecu But my problem is car won't start but when key off and battery is connected starter motor start up only turns off when battery disconnected how to I fix this problem so I can start car and figure out why starter powering up

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
frankiee, bcm and ecu must be linked with tech 2 or sililar or disable security in ecu with elm?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
.......But my problem is car won't start but when key off and battery is connected starter motor start up only turns off when battery disconnected how to I fix this problem so I can start car and figure out why starter powering up

I had a similar problem long ago in my VS Calais. Can't remember the exact details but it was caused by one of the starter motor leads shorting on the engine block.

MARCUSARNIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 SV6 Black Commodore Wagon
Leave the ignition key turned to the ON position (reds on) for 2 hours, then try to start the car. If its now starts, then theres something wrong with the ignition key or BCM. Leaving the ignition switched on for 2 hours bypasses the immobiliser and allows the vehicle to be driven in an emergency if theres ever a problem with the key or BCM etc causing the vehicle to not start. Make sure the battery is charged and in good condition as a crappy old battery will probably go flat before 2 hours elapses..
Could you shed some light on my issue for VX Commodore--Fault code 21 Drivers Airbag resistance too high-airbag light keeps coming on
i have scanned system ohms on pretensioners etc ok 2.2--2.8---comes up just high "only" Drivers airbag resistance 6.0 ohms--but doesnt
tell me where in the loop -before i go replacing the clockspring, SDM, radio, cluster, connectors wireing etc, etc what sign would tell me
exactly what was causing the problem??????>>???

Dazza VU ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU series 2 ute
I had the same issue in my VU ute. I went for the most used part first which was the seat belt pre-tensioner. As it turned out i was correct. The wire had been worn through from the seat runner when adjusting the seat back & forward. I did not have to replace the tensioner as i just had the wire repaired then had the fault code removed & now all fixed, no more airbag warning light staying on. I also know someone else who had the same problem. It seems to be a common issue with the VX, VU, VT models.