Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM & PCM Replacement

Lilsexc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 02
Hey guys and girls , Just a question I want to ask . My VX has been playing up for the last 8 weeks , (the last 3 weeks of them just didnt want to crank at all )... so Any way long story short , I replaced **** loads of items, spent **** loads of money, on which I thought was the issue . ..... Nope .... Finally got an Auto Sparkie out today , and basically the PCM has **** itself , lost all its data etc etc . So I need to get hold of a replacement PCM , BCM and a set of keys (hopefully)
My question is just wanting to find out if I should go to a holden Wreckers and get these items ? If so any one recommend a good wrecker in Perth ?
And thats it .
Thanks for your time :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Why bother replacing the BCM and keys? Just get a new PCM and link it to your current BCM. Just make sure you get one for the right engine and transmission.

Lilsexc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 02
Hmmmm .... youve got a good point there . I believe I was told would be better / ( cheaper?) to buy as a set . Ok So to get hold of a new PCM ..... Still auto wreckers would be the way to go ?

Lilsexc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 02
Because apparently its cheaper to buy the 3 together from a wreckers , than the 1 item . but having said that I'm not sure if the BCM is in good working order or not . so back to my original question .... which wreckers do people find the most comfortable with ? And suggestions appreciated ?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Can't help you with the wreckers but there is plenty of PCM going on eBay for around the $50 mark. Just look for PCM or ECU.

Then you just need someone with a Tech2 to link them.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Because apparently its cheaper to buy the 3 together from a wreckers , than the 1 item . but having said that I'm not sure if the BCM is in good working order or not . so back to my original question .... which wreckers do people find the most comfortable with ? And suggestions appreciated ?

Ebay is the way to go there mate. Wouldnt bother looking up "proper" wreckers in Perth. You spend over $150 there and theyll want you to take half the car with you.

Try gumtree, always alot of vt/vx's being wrecked for reasonable prices.

Lilsexc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 02
Thanks all .... turned out not to be the problem . I'm pulling my fkn hair out ... and running out of ideas and money ... quick smart . I'm going to start a new thread soon with a detailed description of all that I have done , and see if anyone can shed any light .... because Ive hit a fkn
wall . :( :(

Lilsexc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 02
* HELP PLEASE* someone must know something VX Berlina Series II

Problem : Will not crank at all
Ok this may take a little bit to read , but I am trying to explain the best way I can , the problems I am having , to see if anyone may be able to shed any light . Ok so cpl months ago my vx seemed like it was missing intermittently , and at times was quite sluggish when I accelerated . This was becoming more frequent within the last week before she just decided to stop completely . At times , when sitting at the lights when I'd finish work it would just shudder then stall . ( while driving to work in the morning , would have no problems) this would happen continuously until I got home , to bypass this I would put it into neutral and rev the engine , whilst doing 70 km or 100 km etc , and make it home .
So thinking it was the battery I put it on charge overnight , but the next morning . nothing . All electrics , central locking . pwr windows etc were perfect , The relays were all clicking as they should , but I couldnt hear the fuel pump start .
So my list of things I thought was wrong , I tested , and replaced as follows
1. replaced the battery
2. replaced the alternator
3. replaced the starter motor
4. replaced the fuel pump and filter
5. replaced the spark plug leads
6. replaced the BCM and PCM used TECH 2
7. replaced the crank angle sensor
all Items were the correct ones and were all brand new .
I have tested and checked every relay and fuse all were fine , tested the ignition coil , could not fault it .Gone through all the electrical connections I could locate and made sure they were clean and connected correctly , checked for any damaged wires , Have had 2 auto sparkies and 2 mechanics out to see if they could help. They have all scratched their heads as they have taken my money from me ( fair enough )
I'm close to tears because I dont have a clue anymore . I have scoured the service manual . looked online , asked many (sort-of) knowledgable people who have said various things to try . but to no avail . I need to get my car working . Only thing I havent replaced yet Is my key , But that all seems to be working fine .
Please anyone ..... some new ideas . I'm sick of wasting bloody money :(
ty all for your time

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
V6 or V8?

No cranking at all? Or cranking but won't fire?

Lilsexc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 02
V6 2002 . Will not crank at all .