Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BCM & PCM Replacement

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I've heard of that procedure,^^^ good idea. Give it a try.
Just seems a bit strange that you have to leave the ignition on for 2 hours for it to be driven in an emergency. :confused:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
re the starter ... what exactly do you mean ? the starter motor has been replaced using the existing wires . i just cleaned them up with some emery .
Was just wondering if you had bench tested the starter before just replacing parts.

What has been suggested above are all very good suggestions.

Sizzle87

ARGH!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC II
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I've had an issue where the car would just drop out randomly. My only pattern was i was turning right and braking. Took it to Holden (useless ####s) 3 times, and it wasn't until NRMA mech came out for a breakdown where it was finally fixed. Meanwhile, I had already replaced alternator (x3), battery (x3), leads, coil packs, DFI module, plugs, etc.

It ended up being the bracket that holds the alternator. The one that bolts to the top of the engine (long bar one, to the top of the supercharger in my case). It was put in the wrong way and was causing the alternator to short from the B+ terminal on this bracket and then stall and prevent start or crank from the engine. Give that a go, since it's free and remove that bracket, check for any evidence of shortage (seinfeld joke just came to mind) and if so, remove the bracket and place insulation between the terminal and bracket if you intend on keeping it.

Brandont347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Elxr6
Hi all I am having the same issues with a vx I'm working on . so just wondering did th
Hey guys and girls , Just a question I want to ask . My VX has been playing up for the last 8 weeks , (the last 3 weeks of them just didnt want to crank at all )... so Any way long story short , I replaced **** loads of items, spent **** loads of money, on which I thought was the issue . ..... Nope .... Finally got an Auto Sparkie out today , and basically the PCM has **** itself , lost all its data etc etc . So I need to get hold of a replacement PCM , BCM and a set of keys (hopefully)
My question is just wanting to find out if I should go to a holden Wreckers and get these items ? If so any one recommend a good wrecker in Perth ?
And thats it .
Thanks for your time :)
Hey

Brandont347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Elxr6
Just wondering if you where able to fox the vx I have the same problems

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
No solution from me sorry just interested.

Local bloke had the same problem. Called in lots of help, sent the pcm, bcm for checking.

Never found a cause. End of the car! !

FroggerAli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
Currently having similar issues with a VT SS LS1. Sometimes won't start showing error on display, most times traction control light comes on, sometimes engine light comes on. So far replaced battery, alternator, bcm, abs module, only thing left now is ecu

Brandont347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Elxr6
Currently having similar issues with a VT SS LS1. Sometimes won't start showing error on display, most times traction control light comes on, sometimes engine light comes on. So far replaced battery, alternator, bcm, abs module, only thing left now is ecu

FroggerAli

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
If any one needs this I have some feedback on the issue I reported earlier. So I changed absolutely everything that could be changed had every mechanic and auto elec scratching their heads, in the end my mechanic say back and thought completely out of the box and said"let me try 1 more thing", he removed the 3 plugs on top of the firewall (drivers side), cleaned the connections both ends with terminal cleaner, believe it or not, everything is now fixed. No more traction light or engine light or error codes, I could've saved nearly 2k. I hope this helps someone else out there.