Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bcm

johnmic

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a VT Berlina Series 2, the BCM is a 314 but its got some issues and needs to be replaced, if I replace it with another 314 BCM would it need to be programed to match the computer or will it work .
thanks all

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
No you will need to get the BCM linked to the computer.

johnmic

Reaction score
so if I plug this new BCM would the car start or is it best to go to a holden dealer get them to plug it all in and link it ?

M

mwb235

so if I plug this new BCM would the car start or is it best to go to a holden dealer get them to plug it all in and link it ?

I posted a detailed response to your thread but someone has kindly deleted it. I have no idea why.

johnmic PM me your email address and i'll send you some diagrams that may help you.

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
I posted a detailed response to your thread but someone has kindly deleted it. I have no idea why.

johnmic PM me your email address and i'll send you some diagrams that may help you.

I would suggest that it is a security issue with regards on any info about linking a "New" BCM with an ECU. and should not be shared light heartedly on a public forum

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

The engine won't start until you get them linked by Holden or some one with a Tech 2 or similar.