Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Be Careful

skull

Reaction score
Members Ride
LE MONARO & HQ COUPE & VU UTE
Having just bought a car from interstate, I had to get the cops to check all the numbers etc. It turns out my car was listed as stolen. The cop said he would make a few more enquiries. I was devistated. I didnt even think of getting the car checked out first. I trusted the person selling the car.
The good news I received in the end was the car was not stolen and I was in the clear. it was a huge relief.
Please dont be nieve like me everyone, do your vehicle checks before you hand over your hard earned cash. It could save you a lot of heartache

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
So your car had been listed as stolen...and had been recovered...but the stolen record was not updated...

This happened to me along time ago with a SLR Torana...

I'd be a bit worried now on the condition of your car...stolen = thrashed...

Bantex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Route 541
Yeah. My brother had the same thing happen to him. Got himself a VN from a friend of a friend. Turns out the car was stolen. Came to get the rego done and the cops put the theft on my brother. took him ages to get them to understand that he had brought the car. Dobbed in this friend and it turns out all the cars he was sellin were stolen. Loser :p

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
same thing happened with my current vs commo, was listed as stollen, then auctioned off, when i bought it the numbers hadnt been cleard... all good now tho :d

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Just wondering, why did you get it checked out after you had paid for and purchased the car?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
When you re-register them the RTA run a check, thats why you usually find out afterwards(for vinny)