Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beached Az VS ute LS1 T56

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
hahah nice man! Gota luv the good old seatbelts lol. :p I see no extractors though? Ya going to later down the track after she's sorted out and running yeah?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Its about time for an update.

The motor is in and running although i had to pull the gearbox back off because the flywheel didnt go on correctly and was making it vibrate like crazy.
thats in the pipeline of getting fixed at the moment.
also pulled off the towbar. and gave it a bit of a paint. thats ready to go back on now. just waiting for someone to be here again to give me a hand ( thanks dan)

id just like to say a big thanks to dan actually, without his help this wouldnt of gotten off the ground so quick. i mean for me anyway. its all going along as the money flows but still in my eyes its a been a pretty quick turn of events.

DSCF4911.jpg

DSCF4912.jpg

slowly getting there bit by bit.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Nice job dude! what are the bigger plans for it?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
it was really a coincidence that i even bought the thing. i saw it for sale on the side of a local road and thought aw yeah black ute. might have a geez. looked over it was pretty straight then went hang on this is a series 3 oh and an s pac (LSD) oh and its a getrag manual id be thick to pass this up for the money.

and had no real use for it if im honest but i convinced myself that it can be my new daily and ill sell my festiva. and it will also come in handy to tow the motorbike/caravan etc which im planning on taking out alot more of as i get older.

i dont have a fixed direction in which i want it to go. but itll be mainly practicallity and a bit of performance for good measure

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Its about time for an update.

The motor is in and running although i had to pull the gearbox back off because the flywheel didnt go on correctly and was making it vibrate like crazy.
thats in the pipeline of getting fixed at the moment.
also pulled off the towbar. and gave it a bit of a paint. thats ready to go back on now. just waiting for someone to be here again to give me a hand ( thanks dan)

id just like to say a big thanks to dan actually, without his help this wouldnt of gotten off the ground so quick. i mean for me anyway. its all going along as the money flows but still in my eyes its a been a pretty quick turn of events.

slowly getting there bit by bit.

No worries at all bro! It's been mad fun! It helps that its all fresh in our minds from doing my car, and as a result it has been a heaps quick process!

What have you worked out with the flywheel, need it rebalanced? Got a new spigot bush yet? Have u got the clutch master yet?

Go up the road and swap those end caps!

Seeya saturday dude, cant wait!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Looks like its coming along very nicely :) Good work! Would be interested to hear how you go with the balance issue and also what did you do ecu wise? Are you running the standard manual ecu with a vs L67 memcal? Are you running the standard dual mass clutch setup? Quite interested as im about to do the same...

Last edited:

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Umm

The flywheel i believe i have it balanced but ill have to wait for a test drive to completely prove my theory. its running a vs ecotec dual mass flywheel and standard clutch setup only poblem with this is the l67 motor doesnt have the provision for the locating dowels. so you could either get them drilled into your crank or do as i have done and just get extra strong bolts and not worry about using the dowels.

the gearbox went back in yesterday afternoon. and this afternoon i had quite a productive day i fitted the new master and slave cylinders, hooked up the new braided clutch line, put the tailshaft back in, hooked up the exhaust( still trying to do up d/s extractor), filled the cooling system

and dan about the end caps. ive spoken to the guy who i bought the car off and he no longer has them

the car should be drivable again saturday when dan comes and helps me bleed the clutch lol

and cander. at the moment its running the manual loom with the auto l67 computer and tune. but im going to get something custom tuned to run a manual l67 tune.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
Here is a more exciting update. the car now drives i took it for a blat up the street quite happy with how it went for what is essentially a stock motor.

still no bumper but has headlights and a bonnet.

DSCF4917.jpg

dummying up the seats to the rail combo. also removed the jack from behind the drivers seat. its going to get relocated under the tray somewhere near the spare tyre.

DSCF4918.jpg

i picked up the tail lights late last week and decided to put one in and see how it looks.

DSCF4919.jpg

and the carpert ready to be cleaned.

DSCF4920.jpg

i took out the thick rubber mats that run along the firewall as theyre just dead weight. im not pulling all the sound deadening off the floor in this one though.

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Did the jack mount just unbolt or did you attack it?

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
the jack mount just unbloted which was awesome meaning ill just have to drill 2 holes elsewhere and bolt it on there.

i cleaned the carpert this afternoon with a pressure washer. its come up pretty good. tomorrow afternoon im planning on checking out all the interior electrics and seeing what works/doesnt work and then going from there i will start to re assemble the interior.