Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

beat this

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
project time

well, a few months ago, my wonderfull vn commodore was sprayed from head to toe with brake fluid, and it broke my heart,

this is the history of the vn.
had vt brake upgrade
stage2 shiftkit auto
fully rebuilt motor, with a garret charger on it
was lowered
put a sv3800 body kit all way around it.
cold air kit, chiped, yada yada yada list goes on, well, car was effectively written of by insurance company because of dammage done to body from brake fluid. and i decided to do the following
i bought me a vq stato, well that was stolen on me last week, so im like i give up

basicaly, i picked up 2 vl's the other day, both have motors, (one motor is staying, the other is going)
the one with the motor that is going will have the following done to it,
3.8lt supercharged v6 motor, with a stage2 shift kit auto put into it. vt seats, (calias ones) vt brakes, vs rear seats, full custom boot install done, lowered, vn dash will be put into it (mainly for electrics) keyless entry, central locking, no exposed arieal, full re-spray to tiga mica (vt colour) 16 inch mags, yada yada yada.

the other one, which will be done first (in order for me to bring vn of the road and still have a car) will have the current motor freshened up a little bit, new drivers guard, both passanger side doors (left front and rear) will be replaced, with a quick spray of paint over it, general tidy up all over and new wheels

watch this space for pic's of how both the cars stand, and other info. bear in mind, i still have to head up and pick up the remainder of the parts needed or this entire conversion to happen

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Cant wait to see this happen :)

Cheers
MaT

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
someone sprayed it with brake fluid to deliberately damage the paint did they?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Welcome to the VL club LOL. VL's command respect on the road, especially with cars on the strip running ridiculous times. You will get allot of attention I guarentee that.

Can't wait to see it happen.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
sounds like a pretty big project, are you going to do the prep work yourself before the paint job or let someone else do it?

cant wait to see some pics

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
doesn't brake fluid only peel paint, which means new paint job...or does it do damage to the metal?

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Might have been a better deal to buy the VN off insurance company & get the car totally resprayed...

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Sounds like an awesome plan Garth.. Glad you have the committment.. unlike myself, I plan 409830948324 things, and about 2 things happen..

Good luck with it all.. and I'll be DEFINATELY watching for progress pics!