Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beattie's A Wanker

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Whats Peter Beattie's problem with the HOLDEN blimp?? (i know but its a figure of speech)

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Yeah, I wondered what the big problem was...there's some claims that certain sponsored sporting events might not come to places where the opposition colors were flying, as it were, on the blimp above the stadium.

Funny that Ford and Holden have no problem with thier colors and flags flying virtually side by side at every car race meeting, and they are telecast everywhere.

The Holden Blimp owners said that there are regulations for advertising on the ground, but the sky is free. Now the government is talking about rushing through special laws to control the blimp and similar advertising.

I hope it doesn't go...I'm a big fan of blimps. As for that tool Hinchcliffe saying it is simply "ugly", can you think of any aircraft more graceful than a blimp or airship gliding serenely across the sky? All blimps are pure timeless art-deco style, and always have been.

Bring back the massive luxury airships of the 1930's, I say!:thumbsup: :yeah:
erm...filled with helium instead of hydrogen as in the Hindenberg of course...:whistling

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
governments gone mad! revenue hungry mofos, they cant accept that some things are for free in the world can they.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ah yeah the episode of Dr Who this year with the new spec Cybermen on the alternate Earth with all those blimps, that was pretty :) and you all didn't think I ever got my eye's off Miss Piper:p

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Ah yeah the episode of Dr Who this year with the new spec Cybermen on the alternate Earth with all those blimps, that was pretty :) and you all didn't think I ever got my eye's off Miss Piper:p

Miss Piper?! What about Mr Hayden-Smith?? I missed those blimps....:whistling

But Mr Beattie needs a head check. I bet he doesn't even think Rose is hot....

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Maybe Mr Beattie wants Mr Hayden-Smith, hey!?, That's why he didn't notice how pretty the bimps were...... or Rose. Didn't think about that one did you :p