Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bee sting antenna

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Just thinking but could lock tight stuff up the connection from the thread to the antenna????
no. loctite has no effect on reception like I said with mine-3yrs on with no probs at all. I definately wouldn't use superglue for several reasons. If someone was to try to thieve it I'd rather they thieved it with less effort rather than wreck the mount trying to get it off. loctite will hold it fast though trust me! As for some guys complaining of reception remember there is cheap Asian **** on eBay and you get what you pay for. I got mine from a bloke here in Brisbane, his username on eBay is sinbad. If anybody wants to pm me I have his mob number and I'll give it to you. it's been a while since I spoke with him but I'm sure he's still selling them. They are the proper German made ones too, he was asking $25 for them the last time I checked

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
Yeah i have a carbon bee sting antenna and havent had a problem with it

Mine is still going strong after 9 months, never had any reception problems even when driving to Heathcote or Geelong. :)

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Don't Bother mate apparently they are completely different technology and hence not worth it

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha, But guys it will make it look like a BMW!!!..... for real!!

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Thought so....lol.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Thanks to the OP for the info and yes, I got sucked-in as well.
Around Sydney the radio reception is alot weaker using this little stubbo. I normally listen to 95.3 Classic Rock and the reception is unlistenable. TripleM sounds better (except for the tunes).
If you drive around hilly terrain them forget these little bee aerials or you will get stung like me...