Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bee sting antenna

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
yep got mine the other night and was really upset with the outcome, but i dont listen to radio much so that is dont relly mind because i bought it just for the looks because the original is a peice of **** when it comes to looks
i purchased the smart antenna from holden and ever since i have been using it my radio reception is consistently weak and breaking. today i put on the original antenna and had very good reception. has anyone else had these issues?

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I think the shorties (5-6cm) are OK if you live in a fairly flattish area as the FM signals are strong enough to travel over or up the obsticules.

When you go below 'line of sight' is where mine losses reception.

I might give a longer version a go. The For$ Territory uses what looks to be about 15cm which might give me the larger surface area to pick up the weaker signals when scooting through the holes.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
I might give a longer version a go. The For$ Territory uses what looks to be about 15cm which might give me the larger surface area to pick up the weaker signals when scooting through the holes.
yep they work as i tried one before i got what i have now, same thread, screws straight on at least mine did, current suzuki swift and earlier 5/6yr old ? mazda 3's are the same as well

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
The For$ Territory uses what looks to be about 15cm which might give me the larger surface area to pick up the weaker signals when scooting through the holes.

I live a hilly area so this sounds like a good option for me too. Did you try it?

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I tried the short bee-sting type and it was useless. Tried a 15cm retractable and it was about the same.

I now have the original one back on and its about the best even though I still get some breaking-up on weak signal areas within the Sydney area.

Its a case of suk-n-cee...

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Anyone want to comment on the ones available on eBay at the moment? There's quite a few, at different price points.

koins76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just ordered one from mechdon in Wynnum West, figured I'd give it ago. I ran around for a while without any antenna at all and only had problems when I got out of town a bit or behind the hill, but the hill messes up every car I've been around there in!

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
The bee sting link to ebay in the OP is no longer valid (Even doing a new search for the 6cm unit). I'm guessing that seller no longer exists or no longer has stock.

There are so many various ones on ebay, can someone help with a close up shot of what the good ones are to buy

Thanks Tim