Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Beefing up" 4l60e Transmission

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
If you spent $3500 on a tranny and broke it with a V6 then you should demand your money back. Many people are running 500hp down these trannys and they run fine. Also I thought the VR only got the 4l60, not the electronic version, though I could be wrong.

VR's did get the 4L60E, they were the first commodore fitted with the electronic 'box.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ooops my bad.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Irrelevant if hoon laws where out or not, burnouts on streets were still illegal. But at least you did it and admitted you were an idiot, as long as you have learnt from it the I suppose it was a learning experience. Eagle eye hindsight is a beautiful thing ain't it?

But anyway this thread isn't about criminalising you. Yeah I highly doubt it was built properly for you to bust it. Even if you held it in 1st for a little bit to long it shouldn't of broken at all. You would need to hold it for some serious time to break servos, I'm assuming a decent build for that much money would a LEAST include a corvette servo, more likely a billet servo for that price. More likely to kill the engine by holding it on redline like that. This is why full manualising a gearbox isn't always smart, a normal tranny would have forced the gear change to 2nd.

Regarding the stolen part, I believe that tow trucks shouldn't be allowed to tow a car without the owner present, on police/council orders, or private properties (business) instructions. Bullcrap in my book.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
i find it funny that manualised auto fitted to cars with no BHP

if you do a burn out shift to 2nd or 3rd gear as soon as possable, holding in first is a wast of time.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
yeah i learnt all burnout were doing were costing me a lot of money in repairs as for the towtruck driver ive been pissed off because id have thought he would have questioned towing a car where they would have had to smash a window to get in and had no keys he cost me 12k because it was uninsured

Probably could of sued the tow truck driver for being an accessory to the crime.

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 omega 2008 3.6l
How different is the original version of the 4l60e vs the rpo m30 electronic version? When everyone builds one which do you normally choose to build?