Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[beefy] the daily vn

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
thought id throw an update on the trusty vn!

been cutting and patching up some rush around the windows and boot seals, all front end bushings have been replaced with nolathane gear. ive got some custom made 8kg springs comming which are 65mm lower than standard which should have it stiff and will put the wheel in the guard a tiny bit. ive serviced the car including trans. also fitted au twin thermos and shes running on vy ss 18s now

kayesem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN wagon
Looks sweet, nice daily man.

The front passenger door looks a bit off though.

What the deal with the relocation kit for the swaybar? Just moves the link mount points?

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks sweet, nice daily man.

The front passenger door looks a bit off though.

What the deal with the relocation kit for the swaybar? Just moves the link mount points?

yea the passengers door is from a vp hence the colour difference but doesn't bother me atm cause ill sort paint out myself at end of the year... and nolathane do a kit that changes the setup so the swaybar links go from the control arm to the sway bar meaning the links are shorter and i guess don't flex as much as being on the strut itself.

u can see from pics rust problem hahaha - ill be finishing it off soon and painting it - i rolled the rear guards and redid rear brakes on the weekend

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
How did you go with rust under the window? I had to take the rear window out of my VN to clean the rust up.

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
most seems to be surface and some bubble rust from wat i can see after i sanded it back and rust treated and metal filled seems ok but im learning and im playing - the vn hasnt been looked after so im doing my best to fix the pig up hah

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The stuff I used to treat the rust was fail - the glass came unstuck and had to get it glued back in a few months ago. The window bloke said it was a bad surface and was never going to hold. So he took the glasss out and cleaned up the edge for me. BUT I'll need to get the window out again next year for the full re spray.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
:| did you use fibreglass to repair the windowsill and boot ?

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
why not just plate weld the boot ? isn't too hard to do especially on a piece like that

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
iiii like it. how do u go with the tinted tail lights and the police?
also the HID kit, how much did that end up costing you? better than the OEM candles?