Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been Holden Out- Middle Aged Noob gets First Holden Ever- VS Ute- This Gonna be Fun!

HaydynVS96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 1996 Series 1 V6
What a great thread to read I previously owned a series 1 VS sedan and loved it, Commodores so easy to work on and great due to the amount of parts available both second hand or new
Goodluck on the road to rego

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
*UpDate*

So... a month ago the engine started making a Shockin' Knockin' noise (which I suspected was the bottom end), so Pete v2 got SOLD. :(
Shame as I had spent a fair bit of time and (not a whole lot but) a bit of Dosh and everything was going well, but I learnt a fair bit and wanted more.

Fast Forward to today... Pete v3 is on my front lawn. :D (pic from Gumtree ad)

'97 S2 Auto V6, Rattle canned Black, 5 good tyres, less dings, reco steering rack, new battery, thermostat and sun gear with a selection of Rims.
No Rego, No Dual Fuel and seemingly no major issues!!!
Basically I'm in the same, if not better position than I was before but with one less seat. :)

The Aussie Bloke n00b Journey Continues...

*Edit*

Couple of Daylight pics and I bought some cheap hubcaps for now. (VT Acclaim?)

Last edited:

mickVS84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Nice ute mate, i like the flat black colour makes it easy to paint bodykit if you choose to get one. You should look at getting some chrome 17s.

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Geez - bad luck with the other ute mate, looks like you had spent some good time on it so its a shame for it to die for you. You must be really enjoying these utes to go find another one though. I think i would be the same if mine died too.

Hope you have better luck with this one.

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Got my thread moved!!! Thanks to ClairBear.

Nothing major done, just a few little things and getting ready for rego inspection tomorrow. Got a week permit.
Replaced a blown parker bulb and also the bulbs for the auto shifter and ignition.
Got a lense for the interior light and replaced the electric mirror switch but the passengers side still won't work.
Pair of Grills off eBay...

Various other bits n pieces from eBay and Gumtree should be here soon.

A pic at 6:35am this morning. Snow Day!!! :D

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Passed Rego Inspection!!! :D
Only advisories were "Faded Front Indicators", "Exhaust starting to Corrode" and "Handbrake Travel".
Gotta be happy with that.

now for some TLC and personal touches.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Nice one... just read your thread at lunch today.
Im in the process of fixing those niggling little issues on mine.
Got a list that im checking off.
It all adds up.
Whats the future hold for the old girl now? Maybe set of wheels or get her closer to the ground?

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
The Green Ute was in need of a fair bit more I think, so was a bit of a Blessing in Disguise that it died and this one took it's place.
(I think the God of Fuel Injection may have Smiled on me) :)
The little things definitely were adding up fast indeed and this was likely to continue.

I was pretty surprised at the ease of today's Rego pass but all in all (and despite the paint job), this one seems to be a much tidier example.

Wheels and Lows is Exactly what I have in mind. ;)

When I bought this Ute I got a set of 17" VX Clubsport? rims (painted dodgey Black) with 2 shot tyres thrown in And a set of silver 16" rims with 2 tyres aswell.
2 of the 16's have HSV stickers on them and center caps but I'm not sure what they actually are.

Likely I'll get some tyres on the 17's for the moment but would ideally like some VT SS rims.

Some Lovell's Rear springs have already been acquired and I'm looking to get some similar Fronts and slap the lot on.

Stay Tuned.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Silver ones arent holden rims... should look alright though.
Vt ss rims would be go though

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
The vx clubsport rims should be 18's