Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been Holden Out- Middle Aged Noob gets First Holden Ever- VS Ute- This Gonna be Fun!

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
The vx clubsport rims should be 18's

Oh ok, I have no idea but Google images is my guide. haha!
What are the 17's then, VT GTS maybe?

Had a another Gumtree Win today, got some better nick doorcards, a dashmat, the tool to wind down the spare wheel and a 2.5" Redback Catback exhaust, all for $150.
The Spare Winder Handle alone is $70 from Holden.
Exhaust was Easy as to bolt on and sounds very well indeed. :D

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It seems to be coming along nicely
The black painted wheel certainly looks like a vt gts, vx clubsport and v2 series 1 monaro rim but they are 18 x 8.
Look on the inside of the wheel , if they are they'll be stamped hsv on the spokes along with wheel size and other numbers (info), even the monaro wheels were hsv items

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Ok, it's official... I'm Hopeless.
Another Gumtree Win in the form of 17" VT Clubsport HSV? rims. (this is what the seller claims) they do have HSV stamped on the inside.
Tyres are in great nick but are bigger diameter than they should be. 235/50R17. should be 45's.
Clearance to the spring seat on the strut is VERY tight but it's clearance nonetheless.

**** Photo but Fat Ute. Hahaha!!!

Lows to comes. :D

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
Nice to see it on the road. Im a big fan of those wheels but i think you should paint them silver again, they lose their look in black to me.

With some lowered springs it will start to all come together

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
The paint's a better job than on the Ute! Haha... but these rims likely won't stay, although I'm liking them more and more.
We'll see. ;)

Better pic with some clear indicators, orange bulbs and replaced the front indicators bulbs aswell.
Cleaned the windows.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
They look good. It would probably look pretty mean sitting lower and all that black on black. That sort of wheels or there are others that are almost identical that I'm thinking I wouldn't mind for my ute

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Thats not looking to bad at all....was going to do something similar but cant afford 2 cars :(.. so gave up on getting a ute and put the saved dollars into my sedan...was going to rat mod it, all you need is to lower her a lot, throw some Mexican drop rugs over the seats,and maybe some red high lights like wheels,front inlets and some 50's pin-striping over the tailgate....something like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67147237@N03/9291201847

Ps you might need to change the heading of this thread to
Been Holden Out- Middle Aged Noob gets 2nd Holden Ever- VS Ute- This Gonna be Fun!
:D

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
That is awesome!!! Makes me want some seriously pumped guards. haha!

Paid Rego and now Pete is officially on the Streets. ;)

Gumtreed me a Max Ellery's and a Brand New Antenna cheap. (mine is snapped off)
Also GT'd some front low King Springs but I'm not sure how they'll go with the Lovell's super lows I already got for the rear. (which seem to be for sedan according to the part No.)
Some New Buttons for the key and a badge off eBay.

Purchased a drivebelt from SuperChimp and put it on, but not before I carefully popped open the seal on a chirpy idler pulley bearing and greased it up real good.
Chirp no more.

Yesterday arvo I installed a $23.76 water pump off eBay so we'll see how that goes.
First time changing a water pump, took about an hour and a half in fading light and temperature, but it was easy as.
(insert obligatory whinge regarding getting the old gasket off)
Definitely worth the effort and so far it seems to be working great. (now with 99.9% less leakage.)
Well overdue by the looks of the barnacles.

Somewhere in the timeline I got some more RDAs off eBay for Cheaper Again than the first lot.

and a PhotoChop for Lows. hahaha!!!

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hmmm... what else has happened?

Having had a bit of rain over the last few weeks, I was unsure what was causing wet carpet in the passengers footwell.
Could be leaking windscreen or heater core perhaps?

The changing of the water pump pretty much answered that one as all of a sudden there was decent leakage underneath around the gearbox area.

Sourced a 2nd hand core from Speeds and did the quicker cut n shut swap over.
Fiddly but All Fixed. :D

I didn't even realize the doorcards were different until I pulled them out and put in my nicer ones and some of Dad's handmedown Sheepskin seat covers.

Also discovered the speaker wires must be broken in the drivers door hinge area as the right speaker cuts in and out if the door is opened or closed.
I suspect there is likely a similar issue with the passengers electric mirror. Not a priority but I'll look into these things.

For curiosity sake I tried to check the ECU for codes and found the Check Engine Light didn't even work.
Swapped some bulbs around (which did nothing) and also put in some standard but Orange T10 bulbs for the gauges at the same time. (Still green but the needles POP!!!)
Pulled the ECU and found some corrosion on a few pins so I cleaned that up and Hello CEL!!!
Checked codes... only code 12 showed up so all good.

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I'll just leave these here. :D