Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been Holden Out- Middle Aged Noob gets First Holden Ever- VS Ute- This Gonna be Fun!

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
I dont know what it is, but man VS Commodores just look tough. Always been a fan of their shape, never liked their interior however.

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Haven t been on in a while but your ute is coming along nicely mate. Some lower springs would be the go now for sure.
Loving your work

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
whats been happening with the black beast?
i like checking your thread. Gives me ideas on what stuff to do to keep the old girl ticking along

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
I hope the reason you haven t been posting is that your too busy driving your ute around. stop "holden out" on your updates!!!

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
ooooohhh... the site has been tweaked!!! Looks good and now seems to be easier for attaching pics! :)
Hmmm... let me cast my mind back as it has been a while since an update.
Lifey stuff's been getting in the way unfortunately but in general the ute has been going great with no problems at all!
Sadly though I still haven't gotten around to lowering it yet. soon? Hopefully.

I did get to doing a bit of a service myself though, as in spark plugs, oil, filter and diff oil (which did quieten the whine slightly).
VS Ute Pete Servicing.jpg

Also acquired a white SS lip off Gumtree that I lightly hit with some matt black and fitted and cleaned off (with thinners) some black from the bumper to reveal the silver strip beneath which I reckon looks pretty good especially with the grill.
I'm considering attacking it more and getting this thing at least partially back to the original White!
VS Ute Pete Lipped.jpg

20161008_173934.jpg

more secondhand bargain online bits in the form of some tradies Bars (which are mostly off but good to have the option) and a tub liner.
Drove from Canberra to Cooma to collect the Tub Liner which was a great drive and the first time out on the Highway in the Ute.
So incredibly Bloke... Drove me Aussie Ute to a Country Town and ate a Pie.
20161029_165450.jpg

Got a new Whiteline Strut Brace off eBay...
20161008_160348.jpg

Somewhere in the mix I Sold my Subaru Liberty Wagon for various reasons (great car but no regrets) but due to lifey stuff and the fact the ute only seats 2... I needed another Wagon.

Enter the VX...
vx hbd 4.jpg

Bought a 2002 VX Acclaim HBD Wagon cheap as it had low km's, a little dinged here n there and a noisey engine. (suspected Sticky lifters)
After a bit of stuffing round and trying fresh oil etc, a mate sourced a full set of new lifters for trade price, I got some gaskets and we spent an afternoon putting them in after a good n long marinating in oil...
20161111_171843.jpg

20161119_151250.jpg

but sadly this didn't fix the clack clack clack so It's up For Sale as I'm not willing to spend more time and money on it.
Still curious what else it may be as I don't think it's bottom end.
Cam bearing maybe?

But I Still Need a Wagon ASAP!
so this happened 3 days ago...
20161205_182136.jpg

2003 VY Berlina Wagon, very well maintained and in pretty good nick. (worst bit is some clearcoat peel on the passengers front quarter.)
Within an hour I'd taken off the stock Berlina Alloys and put on a New Strut Brace I'd pre purchased off eBay. lol
20161205_172754.jpg

Really Great Car so far, I did an oil and filter change yesterday and it's booked in for a Rego inspection next week.
Colour is "Martini"
His name shall be Martin.
I'm Hopeless.

Last edited:

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Spilt some thinners (approx 2.5l), some cutting compound, a bit of sweat and a whole lotta elbow grease.

aviary_1489208723519.jpg

Also FINALLY put my Springs in.
Kings lows in the front and Lovell super lows in the rear. (I believe they're for sedan).

Needs a cleanup buts Looks alright.
Now for a panhard rod and a few bushes.
Gotta get my previously purchased rotors and pads on too but may even be acquiring a full manual conversion and LSD.
We'll see.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Gone totally Holden. Was quite liking the all mat black look.

TribUte

Holden On
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
The Black was pretty fresh when I bought it but is more of a dirty dark grey now.
To be honest it makes me feel a little dirty slowly progressing through the various shades. Lol

All Holden was short lived as I Sold the VY due to circumstances.
Shame as it was a Great Car despite it's 260xxxkms.
I now have my Dad's 09 Forester.

Bianca410

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Commodore VS II Auto 3.8
Shamelessly waking this thread in the hope that there's an update ;)