Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
bit off topic
there was a speed camera on south rd
a good samaritin, had got a big peice of wood and
written speed camera ahead using paint, 100 metres
later was a speed camera. i laughed when i seen this sign.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
i remember a story on the goldcoast were some guy took a number plate off a speed camera car and constantly drove past way above the posted limit. Little did he know there was a copper in it and on his third past there was a bike cop and patrol car waiting up the road. Needless to say that person doesnt drive anymore but it got a giggle outta me.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
apparently there is a device being tested in the USA, and when sitting in your car switched on makes you immune to hand held radars, as it confuses the signal waves being casted by the radar in order to see your speed. so just say your going past at 60km/h im may say like 5000km/h, i don't beleive it will work, but worth a shot. lol

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
there's already a few cloaking devices available in oz. One is an all in one unit- laser/ lidar cloak, radar cloak, and a detector for both. nice looking unit too....

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It's simple. Don't speed. They have these cameras out for a reason, and if some complete wanker ****wit is going that fast endangering everyone on the road they deserve to get done, and they will get done because they'd need to be going a lot faster than 200 anyway.

slimman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 Wagon And VQ SII
Many years ago a mate of mine was going down the hume hwy (vic) at about 180km/h in his worked 350 HQ Monaro when he saw a speed camera, due to HQ brakes being basically ineffective he kicked it down and floored it passed the camera at somewhere around 230 (+/- 15km/h), due to never having got a letter in the mail he assumes he was never caught but took the situation as a one off chance and hasn't tried it since. I wouldn't blame him i don't think it would be easy to explain your way out of doing 130+ over the limit.

Jimboss

Reaction score
there's already a few cloaking devices available in oz. One is an all in one unit- laser/ lidar cloak, radar cloak, and a detector for both. nice looking unit too....

I'm pretty sure you'll find that the cops have detectors for these devices, so an alarm will sound if the radar is caught by one of these 'cloaking' devices. But to be sure, ask in the 'Ask a copper" thread.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
It's simple. Don't speed. They have these cameras out for a reason, and if some complete wanker ****wit is going that fast endangering everyone on the road they deserve to get done, and they will get done because they'd need to be going a lot faster than 200 anyway.

i agree with juzza here, in fact, this is a really dumb thread

Status
Not open for further replies.