Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Been through 3 tailshaft s keeps twisting them and snapping and it's only making 420rwh?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So? You would think getting some insight on situation coz it's not normal would be the next best thing? Haha

I did give you an insight on the situation and how to solve it, but you're denying that could be it.....

Kissyourole365

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore v6 manual
I did give you an insight on the situation and how to solve it, but you're denying that could be it.....
If I was thrashing the **** out of my car I wouldn't be having this retarded conversation with you coz it's common sense why there braking if I was thrashing my car I would say if I was but I havnt had a chance to coz of it so your insight of it is the same as this conversation

Kissyourole365

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore v6 manual
Retarded and yu keep going on with it for some reason

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If I was thrashing the **** out of my car I wouldn't be having this retarded conversation with you coz it's common sense why there braking if I was thrashing my car I would say if I was but I havnt had a chance to coz of it so your insight of it is the same as this conversation

The only feasible reason you'd have smashed 3 tailshafts, is thrashing your car....

Give you a little insite of my tailshaft experiences....

My younger years, dumping the clutch resulted in spreading the front yoke, dropping front of the tailshaft on the deck...Taiilshaft was still useable...

About 15 years ago, some idiot forgot to put a uni cap in far enough, which resulted in it falling out of the tailshaft....I was doing 80 KPH in 3rd gear and had the bellhousing smashed into 3 pieces and snap an ear off the gearbox, where it bolts to the bellhousing....Taiilshaft is still perfect and still in the car it occurred in.

Recently, I had 3 c.v's fail in 4 years with my VC tailshaft....C ause was 2 hit marks near the uni points and the tailshaft was 25MM too long for the gearbox conversion it had done....Had the tailshaft shortened, rebalanced and is all good.

So who's the retard that has smashed 3 tailshafts and alledgely drives sensibily? Give us all a break and wake up....We're not all retarded people like you, thinking normal driving causes this

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ok VC, I think that's enough for now. I think we've all heard your opinion.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This makes sense if it was only one tailshaft....We are talking 3 tailshafts that are busted, so the chances of 3 seperate tailshafts having some sort of damage to them is highly unlikely....
Or. Or it just never happened.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
^^^^^
Both of the above. If three identical imaginary driveshafts destructed I'd suspect they were incorrect for the application causing them to be the weak link or the "fuse that blew" when too much pressure was applied by the nut holding the wheel.

p.s. Continuosly repeating the same exercise while expecting a different outcomes is insanity.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Must have a Harrop centre then? Because the weakest part on a stock driveline is a ZF LSD.