Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beeping noise driving me insane!

Tomos_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I have a Pioneer AVIC-F310BT Total in-car entertainment and navigation solution - AVIC-F310BT :: Pioneer Australia that i recently purchased and self installed.
I found out that if i earthed the handbreak wire that i will get all my features while driving rather then only when my handbreak is applied. However now my headunit thinks that my handbreak is always on and decides to let me know with an irritating beeping noise. Im just wondering is there another way to get away with not wiring it to my handbreak.

Cheers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
So the head-unit itself beeps, or the car?
Almost sounds like youve wired it to the handbrake, then earthed the wire out while its still connected to the handbrake switch.....dont think this is the case though.

Tomos_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The headunit beeps itself i havnt touched the handbreak wire as of yet and hoping not to but if worse comes to worse i will, really hoping theres another way around it.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Theres nothing in the manual to turn this off? Sounds strange to me, does it start beeping straight away, or after a few minutes etc?

You could try installing a small switch inline with the handbrake cable and to watch a movie while driving (i assume this is the only function you dont have if the wire isnt earthed?) you just have to give the switch a quick flick and it'll work. This is whats needed for the Clarion units but im not sure whether this is the case for the Pioneers.

Tomos_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I couldnt find anything in the manual and i rang multiple stores asking about it. Im taking it back to JB Hifi in a couple of days as they have put it down to a defective unit. Thanks for your help though

scozz76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 Evoke - VYII Acclaim
Have you tried pressing the reset button?

Is there a beep 'on' 'off' setting? Some pioneer units have this function.

Check ebay, i've seen kits to eliminate the handbrake problem but i'm not sure what they actually do.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
Are you sure it's not the car beeping? My old VS exec would beep if I left the handbrake up and started driving. If you've done the dodgy and wired it so the handbrake detection switch is always closed then the car would think the hand brake is on while you're driving and beep like a mofo. If the little (!) light is on all the time on your dash, it's likely the car that's beeping and not the HU.

Tomos_VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The HeadUnit beeps because its a different beep to when driving with the handbreak is on, I eliminated this problem but now i have another. When going near a railway crossing it also beeps in the same fashion is there anyway to turn this function off?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Have you tried calling Pioneer's helpline? This is exactly what they have it for :)

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Good idea, although im leaning more towards a unit fault, installed one of these today and never had any dramas with beepiing...just earthed out the handbrake wire and it was fine.