Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beeping with new installed cd player

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
its your head unit remval waring sound. Reminds you to take your HU face wit you.. i dont think you can stop that!!

aZk.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
you can stop it, where you go to set your time and stuff when its off you are able to stop it from making that warning chime, ive had pioneer decks in all my cars, but i dont seem to mind it, whats annoying is on the newwer decks that flip outwards electronicly is they open up when you turn the car off, also can be turned off in the options

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
can sony ones be switched off??? I liked my pioneer deck warning beeps, but the sony ones are shocking, also the button pressing beeps! drive me crazy!

D.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ive always owned pioneer, but im sure if its a higher end deck you should be able to turn all that sorta thing off

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
yeah pretty sure you can turn the sont ones off, if not jsut fit an amp that will get rid of the problem

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yeah I used to have a Sony deck in my VN. Refer to your manual though, it says in there how to turn off the beep. I'll see if I can dig my old one out...

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
i've got a sony deck, and i think the beeping in my car has decided to turn itself off :p. Nah i remember seeing it in the manual somewhere i believe. As someone else has said it's a warning thing to remind you to take the face plate off (if you bother).

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Mine beeps to let you know you haven't actually turned of the CD player before you've turned off the car. Well it's meant to, if the person who installed your headunit in knows how to correctly connect the bloody memory wire!!!! :bang:

So i guess there's one way to stop it. Disconect the memory wire. :p

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
youd actually have to connect it to 12V constant