Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BEGINNER n00b question - VX modding

theartofnecro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equip S2
Im a new owner of an equip series II VX and i want to start modding it up.. i was wondering if anybody can let me know of some basic DIY mods and engine info to get me started :)
Personal tips/advice or links would be great :)

Help would be greatly apreciated

Thanks

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
Im guessing youve just got a v6? non supercharged?
if so its a ecotec 3.8 with 153kw pushrod engine.

There isnt really much you can DIY with these motors but you can start off small

ye jst 2 start you could replace the standard filter with a (K&N or lukey) should be around $100 for a K&N and bit cheaper for a lukey If it growls, it's a Lukey
and a cold air intake SS Inductions - Performance Automotive Enhancements that sould be like $300
with them you wont notice much differnece but its a good start and adds up once you do other things.

then go a cat back exhaust around $400
and later if you want more power get extractors and new cat.

but it depends on how much u want 2 spend hope that helps

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Y/T Roller rockers, then CAI then finally Exhaust, they breath well already!!
Change all fluids to high quality low friction, amazing the difference that can make!! I mean Engine Trans and Diff....
If it's Auto Diff gears will get it off the line quicker, but Manual, not really worth it unless you want to be spinning wheels and constantly changing gears:thumbsup:

theartofnecro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equip S2
awesome.. thanks heaps for that ill do my research :) anyone got any other tips or advice?

theartofnecro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equip S2
Y/T Roller rockers, then CAI then finally Exhaust, they breath well already!!
Change all fluids to high quality low friction, amazing the difference that can make!! I mean Engine Trans and Diff....
If it's Auto Diff gears will get it off the line quicker, but Manual, not really worth it unless you want to be spinning wheels and constantly changing gears:thumbsup:

yeah i was thinking about LSD.. but im not sure.. is it worth it? besides if im gonna be ripping burnouts?

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
LSD good if u like sliding....

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
yeah i was thinking about LSD.. but im not sure.. is it worth it? besides if im gonna be ripping burnouts?

Not talking about the diff centre, just gears, like take out the 3.08 Crown and pinion and put in 3.9.....
LSD if you have traction problems, but I doubt that...lol.

theartofnecro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equip S2
ah ok.. thatss just what i need some clarification haha, im very new to this so it helps with some details cheers

1LOWVX

How Low Can You Go
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
As a VX owner, ive got a pod filter setup on mine which consists of removing all of the factory air box and plumbing up my own for the pod filter to mount to, gives **** loads more power. As for LSD, some of the VX's came with optional LSD's as mine already has it. But i highly recommened lowering it, they look sweet slammed. i hope this can help with some ideas

theartofnecro

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Equip S2
As a VX owner, ive got a pod filter setup on mine which consists of removing all of the factory air box and plumbing up my own for the pod filter to mount to, gives **** loads more power. As for LSD, some of the VX's came with optional LSD's as mine already has it. But i highly recommened lowering it, they look sweet slammed. i hope this can help with some ideas

thanks for that, yeah i was looking at putting some fatties on it and dumping it, should look alright