Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beginning a workout scheme

lordaus92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Hi all,

I am new to the whole workout scheme and am seeking lots of help and advice.

Currently I am (walking 3km, jogging 1.5km x 3 times a week.
I am also riding 20km x2 times a week.
Plus the miscellaneous 7km of riding to and from uni x 2 times a week.

If I was to start skipping of a nighttime how long so I be aiming for??
I am looking at moving into weights, but currently only have some dumbells and a longbar and am aiming for a benchpress bench. Could you recommend any dumbell and benchpress excerises as I have no idea where to start.

The motivation behind this is to loss some weight and if possible tone up in the process. I don't wish to become a full blown body builder, I just want to get in shape and gain some muscle and improve my features.

What sort of supplements should I be looking to get my hands on to aid my process?

Thanks, Chris

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Skip for 15 minutes to warm up. (start at 5min if your not into it that much yet).

Haters will hate, IMO if you are looking for weight loss and overall fitness then buy an exercise ball and stay away from the bench.

Use the ball for walkout (on your hands) push ups, where you roll your whole body out the entire length of the ball to your feet then do a push up, roll back in again.

Lay back on the ball and lift a bumbell with two hands from behind your head to above.

Sit on the ball, with two hands, raise a bumbell above your head and lower it behind.

Sit on the ball, arm curls, one side at a time.

Basically, use the ball for any exercise you would do on a seat or bench.

3 sets of 30 each.

Luke_chargedvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
If your just starting out I would suggest you try something like this for the first few months

WORKOUT A

Squat 3×5
Dumbell Press 3×5
Deadlift 1×5

WORKOUT B

Squat 3×5
Bench 3×5
Deadlift 1×5
This basic program will go on like this:

A Weekly Example Of Starting Strength Routine

Week 1

Workout A Monday
Workout B Wednesday
Workout A Friday

Week 2

Workout B Monday
Workout A Wednesday
Workout B Friday

Week 3 – > repeat the week 1 and so on

Do cardio on your days off or if your looking to build muscle and gain weight don't do cardio at all.
Make it so the 5th rep is hard
You want to increase your weight each week on all exercises

You can also add in other exersices once your comfortable like dumbbell curls, different ranged of pushed up, pull ups (if u have a bar u can use) ect.

Uriah005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I never joined any gym to do weight workouts. I am doing only outdoor cardio exercises for the fitness purposes.
For the weight control and fitness purposes these cardio exercises are excellent but I think for the muscles gaining these are not more helpful. Should I join some gym for the muscles recovery or go on this cardio workout plan?

adamprowse boot camp

Last edited:

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
I never joined any gym to do weight workouts. I am doing only outdoor cardio exercises for the fitness purposes.
For the weight control and fitness purposes these cardio exercises are excellent but I think for the muscles gaining these are not more helpful. Should I join some gym for the muscles recovery or go on this cardio workout plan?

All depends on what you're after. Lean muscle gain,and stay fit do something like crossfit. Want to be the next Arnie, join a weights gym. Want to bash people, do a combat sport - MMA is popular atm due to the UFC. Want to be a all round beast, train the mind and the body will follow. Have fun.

Corey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
Hi all,

What sort of supplements should I be looking to get my hands on to aid my process?

Thanks, Chris

Unless you are deficient I wouldn't worry to much about supplements if you are not looking to bulk hard. What you need you can get from proper diet choices

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
^^^^ This is true , lots of whole foods , avoid processed carbs , cut back on alcohol , there's too many empty calories , eat lots of red meat , chicken , veges , basically eat what the cavemen used to eat .