Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Christianity: Good will. Love for God and Christ. Belief that the Son of God came to Earth to die on the cross for Man's sin.

Catholicism: Similar to Christianity, except more formal, varying views on various points.

Judaism: Beleivers and worshippers of scripture from the old testement. Didn't accept Christ as the Messiah, son of God.

New Age: Crystal balls, supernatural, palm reading. Fancy clothes, alternative and could be hippy lifestlye.

Atheist: Belief that there is no possible God in existance. Belief in itself. Came from dust and to dust.

Muslim: Believers of Islam. Following the scriptures of the Qur`an. Basically puts a person called Mohammed in place of Jesus Christ. Worships 'Allah', the Islamic God.

Hinduism: Believers in a supreme cosmic spirit called Brahman, who is worshipped in many forms

Buddhism: Belief in a 400 lb (correct me if I'm wrong) man that teaches disipline and self respect, and numerous other various things.

Everyone else: Non believer in anything. Cares more about what is going on in planet Earth than having a God by his/her side. Stands by a 'world view', which is pushed by the media (unadmittedly). Beliefs in evolution and big bang seem to be a fair way of describing existance.

Everyone else part 2: Did I miss out on another belief? Sorry. Please note in your post.

Which faith do you belong to? Please keep it mature and sensible. The above is basically what shapes up the world regarding religious faiths. Sorry about spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i guess id be classified as "everyone else" although i dont like your discription for that one...but thats the closest to what i think.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
What part do you disagree on?

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
id be christian, although let me clarify, im not a preecher, im not crazy and i dont go to church.
i just beleive in jesus and god, i know that things will work out in the end. he has blessed me with the way i live and things i do and where i am now.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Everyone else / Atheist. Cool idea for a thread but I think you need some more options or else people will be finding themselves mixing and matching like I did :p

Ahh I remember the old religious threads, they were so controversial, are they still around somewhere or did they end up being deleted? Would love to look back on those threads, they really made me think about things

EDIT: RE 400lb man, I thought there were many incarnations of buddha with varying body types, could be wrong

EDIT part 2: Hinduism is different from Buddhism, had to look it up in wikipedia.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Ahh I remember the old religious threads, they were so controversial, are they still around somewhere or did they end up being deleted? Would love to look back on those threads, they really made me think about things

That was the "Do you believe in religion?" thread. That thread was closed because it was myself against the whole forum on that subject :).

I don't intend to do that with this thread. With this thread I come as un-biased on the subject but still have a right to 'talk'. I don't want to start any wars.
The problem with the old thread was people not recognising that a belief out of mainstream religion is a religion in itself! Basically what I mean is, if I believe anything, that is my religion. So basically, every one on Earth has a religious belief, whether it be spiritual, or not!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
That's true, I very highly respect yours as well as everyone elses right to believe in what ever you want to believe, and to express it and discuss it in an open and friendly environment without fear of persecution or mocking..

Having said that I still stand my belief from the original (we'll call it the.. better not mentioned thread lol) that given free choice and no pressure from their parents, in the future religions will likely cease to exist because people have the opportunity to not believe without worrying they'll dissappoint their parents and/or peers.. best example of this I can think of is myself. My parents were force-fed the religion stuff, and I was force-fed it to an extent but they were very leniant and giving me the opportunity to not be involved in it while no longer without worrying that I would be disappointing them. And that being the case I have no intention of forcing religion on to my children when I have them in the distant future. And this isn't to say that people are religious because of their parents - on the contrary it's definately not the case but what I'm saying is it will be much less mainstream I think

I have no problems with religions or beliefs of people, organised or not. What I do have a problem with is how it's forced on people, and I'm not saying that you're bad people for doing it but it's a very clear case that it's happening, and I think as society changes to being much more open (look at how religions are being portrayed in the media at this point in time) we'll see less people interested in religion and interested in perhaps worse things..

I know religions do have a lot of good points to them and I'm not saying they don't at all, they teach morals and values which everyone should have because if we didn't have those and we didn't respect anyone imagine how crappy the world would be..

I don't even know what I'm arguing about anymore, I have very valid points for both sides of this and I'm not going to continue anymore, this is just silly (I'm silly).. and I'm sorry if I've somehow ruined the thread Slim :(

Status
Not open for further replies.