Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Belt slipping on gear change

Brad87_VZCAL8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
Got an 05' VZ Calais LS1. When I give it some and it changes up gears, there is a loud sound of a belt slipping for a split second. Would this be due to wear & tear and may need replacing? Or is it normal and just one of those things not to worry about at all? Which part would normally be involved when the auto shifts up and a slipping noise is heard?

Cheers

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I'm having the same problem, although I have noticed the belt slip is only there when running 245 on the rear, if I have 235 on the rear, the tyres will spin and no more belt slip. Mine also has a shift kit plus line pressures upped in the tune, and new belts.

Brad87_VZCAL8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 5.7
I've got 225 on the rear. The tyres don't slip when it makes the noise. Just whenever it shifts under high acceleration it does it. No modifications to mine yet ;) and I don't know how old the belts are. Just got a rwc and bought it a few weeks ago.

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
I have had the same problem its the serpentine belt at the front of the engine slipping at high revs 5500-6000 rpm. I replaced it with a new one along with the 4 pulleys
Only solution I found was spraying Abit of belt grip on it.