Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Benefits of VS Stroker cleared block

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ohh gosh that engine bay brings back memories :oops:

...and the joys of children :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Mine has early k frame...changed it to manual rack as 1 3/4 pipes were hitting bulky part of steering rack when nailed throttle...barely 10mm with engine not running.

100% ceramic coat pipes + titanium wrap...also drill out the bung for o2 sensor to make tuning easier.

Mine was so close to passenger side floorpan the heat coming through floor & especially underneath car was a major pet peeve.

So yeah vl-vn k frame for sure if want powersteering....lots of little differences with ancillaries from early girls to efi cars like using vn rack with vh p/steer pump etc the lines supposedly different thread & I think alternator touches or too close to front exhaust port.

If go other way use efi gear vn-s has alternotor on other side so some trimming of battery tray required if keep battery in bay.

Few other little things caught me out when I did silver vk...think they hit tunnel near driver's footrest & crossmember for trans I used sucked.