Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bent sway bar links

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@Skylarking i had a look on the GM parts website and the part numbers are the same for the Chevy SS and the caprice cop car.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
92253276 for right side
92253277 for left side

SS Redline with FE3, Chev SS and US Police vehicle all used the above part numbers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Appears like it could be tail shaft or maybe even gearbox mount related, rather than a wheel/tyre combo related.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
So I had a quick look under the car at lunch and there rear coilovers are adjusted to different heights by a lot With the drivers side showing the most threads I didn’t get a measurement but that’s a massive difference between driver and passenger side.

This is the passage side
8900DA2E-BA53-4732-AD9F-38B242B62494.jpeg

this is the drivers side.
8288A989-EF39-474D-92CF-06F7DB49524D.jpeg

Maybe the drivers coilover is stuffed but would that cause a constant rhythmic vibration that stays with the speed?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
So I had a quick look under the car at lunch and there rear coilovers are adjusted to different heights by a lot With the drivers side showing the most threads I didn’t get a measurement but that’s a massive difference between driver and passenger side.

This is the passage side View attachment 208573

this is the drivers side. View attachment 208574

Maybe the drivers coilover is stuffed but would that cause a constant rhythmic vibration that stays with the speed?

Maybe they've been adjusted to take into account a massively fat passenger.

The coilovers in my Merc are set to allow for the weight of the driver and no passengers.

Where are the locking nuts to lock in the ride height?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Mattricho, there may be differences in the set hight of each coil-overs if one tries to balance vehicle weight evenly across an axle (side to side) but such differences would be rather small.

In your case the difference in set heights seems massive. A simple check would be to measure from the wheel centre to the top of fender lip (just above the wheel) where both sides (left & right) should be the same.

With coil-overs, I also thought one of the green nuts was meant to be used as a lock nut and wound up hard against the other green ‘adjusting’ nut to hold it in place. If this wasn’t done, then something may have moved.

Pipped to the post be @panhead :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Skylarking i had a look on the GM parts website and the part numbers are the same for the Chevy SS and the caprice cop car.
Just relaying what I read (and even saw a picture of the PPV links with grease nipples.
92253276 for right side
92253277 for left side

SS Redline with FE3, Chev SS and US Police vehicle all used the above part numbers.
Is there some OEM upgrade option for the PPV link?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Was about to say, it looks like you're missing a locking collar. The VE/VF product page has them in their product photos.

images