Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Berlina/Calais Grille

grantvxber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hey guys,

trying to find somewhere that sells VX Calais or Berlina Grilles.

I'm looking for a black one with the cross pattern.

Can't find any on eBay.

Anyone know where to get them?

Cheers:thumbsup:

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Holden, but expect to pay top dollar.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
bodykits. com.au have a look there

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
you could try a wreckers, but seeing as your after a berlina/calais grille specifically, they might be a little hard to come by, but at least try that before you go to holden

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Holden, but expect to pay top dollar.

Do you know this? Or are you guessing?

I say this because lots of people seem to think that OME is really pricey, I havent found that to be true in my experience.

I know I dont have a VT, but my Series 3 (not common) VS Calais grill was $18 a piece (2 pieces) I found that very reasonable for a brand new chrome Calais grill.

As another example, badges, I know wreckers charge the same price, or even more sometimes for 2nd hand ones! Id rather buy new, with fresh adhesive for the same price!

I think its atleast worth a phone call from the OP.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Do you know this? Or are you guessing?

I say this because lots of people seem to think that OME is really pricey, I havent found that to be true in my experience.

I know I dont have a VT, but my Series 3 (not common) VS Calais grill was $18 a piece (2 pieces) I found that very reasonable for a brand new chrome Calais grill.

As another example, badges, I know wreckers charge the same price, or even more sometimes for 2nd hand ones! Id rather buy new, with fresh adhesive for the same price!

I think its atleast worth a phone call from the OP.

Norti

I agree with you about checking on the price from the dealer, but reckon the VX grille will cost big bux. VS Calais grilles are cheap, because they only comprise two small inserts. The VX grille is huge by comparison, and more damage prone. Fast moving parts like grilles are generally expensive because that's where the profit lies.

It cost me over $180 trade for a complete VY Series 2 Calais grille assembly - I expect the VX might easily be as much or more.

Having said that, I also think that a dealer is the most likely place, if not the only one, to get a grille from. Wreckers would be unlikely to have them because they suffer damage in prangs and are popular on the used market, hence prices tend to be high.