Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Berlina missing from RACV vehicle inspection model list

maox0001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hey guys, first post, hope it does not fail too much on the n00b-o-meter.

I have recently decided to purchase a VY Berlina via private sale, on the condition that the RACV vehicle inspection says GO. However, after a bit of looking around, I am perplexed as to why Berlina is not an option in the list of models in either pre-purchase nor comprehensive inspections. Has anyone else had similar problems? Can it be done?

Thanks in advance,

Mao

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Have you spoke to RACV about it or are you looking around on line? I'd give them a ring tomorrow on their help line and find out for sure, i'd find it hard to believe that it wasn't there considering the amount of berlinas getting around.

maox0001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
It's definitely not on the list: https://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/con...inspections/bookings/pre-purchase/?CACHE=NONE

I did try to call RACV, but an hour too late that they have closed their office. I will call first thing tomorrow. My several attempts on googling this issue has turned out unfruitful.
Anyhow, will update as soon as I have more info, maybe this will pop up in some other poor guy's googling in the future and make their life easier. (=

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Think ive got the same problem on my racv insurance, even though I told them it was a berlina etc, the paper work just describes it as a "commodore berlina", the word commodore is not written anywhere on the car or in the owner's manual.....

maox0001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Just called, the lady told me bookings should be done over the phone, even online bookings are confirmed by a phone call. Berlina apparently has its own category, probably just a very dodgy website.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yeah...Holden used to call it the "Commodore Berlina" back in the VN - VS days, but when the VT came out, it got its own category, which it's held since then. As you said, the Berlina's quite a popular car...you'd think they would've figured that out by now.