Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Brake Pads under $100 and Why

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I am looking for some front brake pads for my VY SS and would like the current recommendations.

I know there is plenty of previous threads about this subject but want what is available currently.

Thankyou

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
QFM HPX. I got some for my vp with vt brakes (same as yours) and they're great. got them for 79 a set from gsl. stop so much harder than whatever pads i had before. they even have more bite than my ss with the hsv size callipers with the ac delco pads. no noise either. Overall very impressed!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yep, you'll be hard pressed for a better budget all rounder than the HPX. If you're a spirited driver, spend more.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
REMSA from GSL rally Sport, leaves the QFM HPX way behind. Have used them both on the track and on the street. The REMSA have a far better cold feel and you can get them smoking hot and they still respond!! The REMSA also seem to be quite nice to the rotors, where I found the HPX were a little more aggressive on the rotors.