Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best brands complete service

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hi guys,

Am looking at servicing a Vr Ute for the first time since purchasing it. Just wondering what are the leading brands and some of the experiences you have had with them. What should I be checking / Flushing / Replacing as I do not know the full service history of this vehicle. It is running extremely well but still want to service it.

I am looking at purchasing the following and want to know what brands and grades work for you in Queensland's climate:

Spark Plugs
Leads
Engine Oil
Oil Filter
Brake Fluid
Transmission Fluid
Transmission Gasket
Transmission Filter
Coolant
Power Steering Fluid
Air Filter
What else have i forgotten?

Would cleaning the injectors and flushing the fuel tank be worthwhile based on the amount of km's?

Background info is that it is a Series II Vr V8 Ute. 230 xxx on the clock. Shift Kitted auto with cam, stall converter, CAI and exhaust. Queensland climate and mainly city driving.

Any info appreciated.

Pic was before it had a scrub up.

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
these are my personal preferences/recomeded by holden

Spark Plugs NGK (recomended by holden)
Leads Top gun
Engine Oil my personal preferance is shell or penrite
Oil Filter Ryco
Brake Fluid Pbr
Transmission Fluid Castrol dextron III (its the sugested by holden)
Transmission Gasket ACL
Transmission Filter _______
Coolant tecaloy cooltents
Power Steering Fluid Castrol dextron III (same as transmision fluid)
Air Filter K&N or Ryco if you only want a paper over a hi-flow filter

also you can change radiator hoses and fan belt(i use gates for both). coil packs if nesscary not much else i could think of other than bushes(nothlane)

hope this helps
mitch

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I suggest that if you are going to be doing your own servicing,that you get yourself a gregorys workshop manual .They are an excellent investment for the $50 odd dollars they cost at auto shops etc.There are other brands of manulas like haynes or max ellery,these are usually ok too,but not quite as good as the gregorys brand manuals,especially when it comes to the wiring diagrams.A factory workshop manual would be the best,but they are usually to expensive to buy.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys. Cheers for the info. I have all the Holden manuals in PDF but it is a pain printing or checking the computer every 5 seconds. I will most likely invest in a printed book.

I will do up a my ride section one day soon as I have a fair bit of work to do on the ute.