Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best check to do when purchasing a used car??

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hay guys im looking at buying a used car soon (vz calais) and i wanna know what is the best guys to use to do a check on the car like recv or nrma etc?? as the car im after is 14 hours away, i wouldn't mined someone that actually goes and looks at the car and checks it out for body condition and mechanically etc and can give a report not just if its been in an accident or has money owing.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Get the auto club for whatever state you're in to do a check, if you're in NSW get the NRMA to do it, if you're in Vic get the RACV. They'll check the whole car for mechanical as well as body damage and compile a report based on their findings.

Also, don't skimp on the REVS and WOVR check...yes, it'll cost you a bit, but it could save you a lot of trouble down the track.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
just done all of this stuff yesterday for my wifes best friend. we live in nsw and car she wants to buy is in qld. we got a racq inspection done at the sellers house and covers body, interior and mechanical. cost $180 rather then $230 because we are in the nrma. also did a revs check for piece of mind. off to buy the car next week :)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Where's the car at ?