Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best diff for high horse powered L98

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
That's a bargain, especially if you get to nominate what ratios you want. I'm not familiar with the Trutrac he uses but it's not the cheap Torquline one I was advised to avoid. I'd say he would be using Motive gears too and not the cheap Torqueline ones that are getting about on eBay and a few other sites.
I have my own builder in SA but to get all that done it would think it would be well over $3k, probably $4k.
I got my gears for $450 which is the cheapest price I have seen, even cheaper than the eBay price with 20% off.
That centre sounds awesome. Almost tempting to have my polished gears that are in Adelaide sent over and see what this bloke would charge if I was to supply my own gears. I have to send my spare housing to Adelaide to get rebuilt as the only capable bloke in the state here is three hours away and won't answer his phone.
I have a builder in SA who has done two diffs for me before so I trust his work, no problem at all. But price wise I don't think he would even get close to the 9" fella.

If the second hand 3.45 one that I've just bought blows, I'll be getting him to build me one. The price is even better if you go straight through him instead of ebay. He quoted me $2650.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All I can say is he must have some suppliers looking after him to do such a tough build at that price.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
All I can say is he must have some suppliers looking after him to do such a tough build at that price.
Plus adding a 12 month warranty :oops:

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V

Hopefully I don't have to find out anytime soon and the one I just bought puts up with the power I'll make after my heads and cam upgrade.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
My Eaton truetrack with Spicer 3.46 gears cost around $2500 drive in drive out

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've asked around and labour, is about $1000 or a bit more, bearings and shims $200 or a bit more, gears best price $635 including the polish cost $165. Freight about $350-$400. Things have gone up because a Harrop is close to $1500. I will come in under $2500 but not much and that's without a Truetrac.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
He is in the same suburb as Harrop HQ, probably gets a Truetrac bulk buy price.