Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Was thinking of disconnecting one muffler at a time to see what that does.
Thought I’d see if you guys have experienced this before I email the supplier again. Cheers
Testing outside of the car before fitting. The same thing will happen as I tried one at a time and they still work ok.

vxbris

Reaction score
My one is still good but I rarely Drive the car, The Valves are always open when the car is resting but when I start the the car the valves always close and stay closed until I open them.
Question: does both valve OPEN? If not,, say one is opening could be a bad connection on the actuator or defective actuator.
If not the above you have done EXACTLY what I would have done so I say the Ultimate Wiring Conversion control box is defective. Mine have opened by themselves TWICE ONLY because of High Voltage line above the set of traffic lights. When I was stopped at the lights I had above me a 415V 11,000 and 33KV at the lights (again above me) at Morayfield Shops intersection (next to the primary school) where the red light camera is. Yes twice when I was in pole position on the lights and sitting there the bi modals opened by themselves.
(PS I think you are a local)
Yeah I have checked to see if both valves are opening and they are. I’d stop my car, get out and shine torch up mufflers. (Both mufflers have brand new motors on them too.) Guess my next step is to disconnect one at a time and see what happens.
—Yep I’m on the Northside of Brisbane in Albany Creek

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yeah I have checked to see if both valves are opening and they are. I’d stop my car, get out and shine torch up mufflers. (Both mufflers have brand new motors on them too.) Guess my next step is to disconnect one at a time and see what happens.
—Yep I’m on the Northside of Brisbane in Albany Creek
I say you have a possible defective control unit.

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
Hi guys just wanna know if VF LS3 exhaust 4into 1 will fit on Wn Caprice 6.0.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
The headers will, yes.
If you're talking about the rest of the exhaust you'll need to source it from a maloo.

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
The headers will, yes.
If you're talking about the rest of the exhaust you'll need to source it from a maloo.
I bought these ones passenger side fits no problems at all but driver side its not fitting properly centre 2 bolts fits properly but others not align properly or i m doing something wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220730-200229_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220730-200229_Facebook.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 62

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I bought these ones passenger side fits no problems at all but driver side its not fitting properly centre 2 bolts fits properly but others not align properly or i m doing something wrong.
They aren't factory, they're aftermarket.
You may have to cut the flange on the mid section and reweld it to get it to line up on the RH side.

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
Flange on header is not aligning properly with bolts. 3 bolts fit properly 3 not aligning with Gasket whole and headers.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Flange on header is not aligning properly with bolts. 3 bolts fit properly 3 not aligning with Gasket whole and headers.
Has it been dropped or twisted?
Is the header flange flat?

Kandhol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wn caprice v
Yeah i checked it when i get home headers flange is flat and i have a set of hsv headers and i matched the whole they all lining up. I think better to take it to exhaust shop and get it done professionally.