Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Can anyone confirm if the center pipe is the same between the sedan and the ute?
I know the rear mufflers have longer tips on the ute, but is there a difference in length on the center pipe?
NO. I would say the Statesman, Caprice, UTE have a longer mid pipe because the three of them have a longer wheel base thus you need more steel on the pipe to to make the difference. Now on Short wheelbase cars and the long wheelbase cars the front of the car the engines side of things the headers are the same so it must be the Centre pipe to be longer to accommodate the longer wheelbase cars like the statesman the caprice and the ute. Now the rear mufflers have a longer pipe from the mufflers to the chrome tip because of the boot being bigger.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
If its the same length, then I can just look for a set of bimodals with the ball joints instead of the flanges, and widen my search.
I have 2 pairs of bimodals with flanges at home, which is why ive been looking for the maloo center pipe instead with the flanges.
My 2013 My14 Caprice V have from Standard flange on the rear.

R32GOJIRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice, R32 GTR Skyline
I know the Caprice has flanged ends standard, what i was getting at was, if the sedan/wagon mid pipe was the same length, then i could expand my search to include the R8 HSV mid pipe with ball ends and just look for a set of ball type bi modals, but if they are a different length, then i need to stick to maloo.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 2013 My14 Caprice V have from Standard flange on the rear.
Once again as I have a Caprice V I use a Maloo ute centre pipe with the X that has the ball like up the front attaching the standard headers that came with the car and one the rear it has a flange with two bolts like the car when it cam from NEW. All fitted perfect except for some minor mods to be done.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
if the sedan/wagon mid pipe was the same length, then i could expand my search to include the R8 HSV mid pipe with ball ends and just look for a set of ball type bi modals, but if they are a different length, then i need to stick to maloo.

I see what you are saying but you need a UTE Maloo or UTE R8 HSV. UTE,UTE, UTE anything that has the X pipe because they have to be longer. When it come to Flange or ball at the rear thats no problem but once again you need UTE,UTE UTE because the are about 5 inch longer on the exit pipe on the rear muffers with the Bi modal.
Pity you live in NSW other wise you are welcome to see my setup

R32GOJIRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
I see what you are saying but you need a UTE Maloo or UTE R8 HSV. UTE,UTE, UTE anything that has the X pipe because they have to be longer. When it come to Flange or ball at the rear thats no problem but once again you need UTE,UTE UTE because the are about 5 inch longer on the exit pipe on the rear muffers with the Bi modal.
Pity you live in NSW other wise you are welcome to see my setup

All good, I just wasnt sure if it was just the mufflers that were longer or the mid pipe as well.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
All my hangers on the front ( standard Header end) and the rear ( Bi modal end) was PERFECT Position,

R32GOJIRA

Reaction score
Members Ride
All my hangers on the front ( standard Header end) and the rear ( Bi modal end) was PERFECT Position,

I meant the length difference between sedan and ute mid pipe. I know a maloo one will bolt straight in.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
All good, I just wasnt sure if it was just the mufflers that were longer or the mid pipe as well.
The original Caprice V rear mufflers that came with the car and the Maloo ute Bi modal that I bough from WA Yes WA 4 K away that cost me $80 to ship them both the Mufflers are EXACTLY the Same length, Same thickness and only the two hanger have to be cut of ONLY on the Passengers Side ONLY and re weld them the same thickness as what there are (about 12MM away) and the exit pipe are longer by 4-5 inches

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I meant the length difference between sedan and ute mid pipe. I know a maloo one will bolt straight in.
Yes the sedan and the ute must be different