Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Exhaust Setup for a WN Caprice with OEM Parts?

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Have Magnum Utes got the heat exchanger on an LS3? I thought only the LSA supercharged engine had that, GTS R8 etc.
Yes magnums have the engine oil heat exchanger i not sure if its to heat the oil or cool it

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Have Magnum Utes got the heat exchanger on an LS3? I thought only the LSA supercharged engine had that, GTS R8 etc.

The Magnum, Director and Motorsport all got the heat exchanger.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I might just cut the mid muffler out and weld in an x-pipe if i cant get a decently priced Maloo center pipe.

Yes My Maloo mid pipe has the X section on it standard and you NEED it to stop Drone as my Caprice has No drone AT ALL not unless I'm deaf well if I'm deaf its about 5% only LOL.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Its only the Maloo that has a 2.5" center section, on the 325kw models, and only on MY12.5 VE's and Gen F's.
Standard utes and Caprice's mid sections are 2.25", such as SS, SSV, Redlines and 317kw Maloo's.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its only the Maloo that has a 2.5" center section, on the 325kw models, and only on MY12.5 VE's and Gen F's.
Standard utes and Caprice's mid sections are 2.25", such as SS, SSV, Redlines and 317kw Maloo's.
Its possible be the best thing that I did by putting the Maloo Ute centre pipe with the "X" in + the Bi modals, besise it sound better the car seems to be free and not chocked up by using that restrictive Caprice Muffers system

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Has any tried to or have brought a new maloo 2.5" mid section and if so how much $ I am starting to think after market might be easier as am having trouble finding second hand , not what i really want to do but I think aftermarket is going to be cheaper and better for me in nz probably should have tried a bit harder earlier, live and learn i guess

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there any special seal for the flange that bolts to the cats?
Yes I bough them one on each side but they are around $20 or maybe $40 each (I forgot) FU.k To expensive. I still have them in there plastic bags but use the original ones as they were very good and they were stuck on the headers side (close to the cats) and the only way to get them off is use a chisel to break them so after I saw that my original one were ok I decided to leave them there.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has any tried to or have brought a new maloo 2.5" mid section and if so how much $ I am starting to think after market might be easier as am having trouble finding second hand , not what i really want to do but I think aftermarket is going to be cheaper and better for me in nz probably should have tried a bit harder earlier, live and learn i guess
I think the new maloo centre pipe was around $900 trade

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is there any special seal for the flange that bolts to the cats?
I was lazy but found the receipt.
PN is : 92066863 SEAL-EXH PIPE $22 each
This is the seal from the centre pipe to the Headers cat pipe