Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best for my money

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Hey, Just curious. i just got given $500 in gift cards for my bday for mach 1 auto 1. i want to upgrade from my 6 year old head unit. whats the best brand/style that i can get for my money? i would like to get a dvd head unit but realisticly i dont think i can afford it with the money i have. thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I wish I got your kind of b/day presents :(

Anyway, I've never been real fussed about H/U brands as long as A) Its not sold at a SCA/Repco store B)Has the right amount of outputs C)Has lots of flashy lights (I Jest I swear).

Pick one that you like the look of and has the features that you like. I love my Kenwood, has so much tuning ability, but I notice that none of the later models do. I really like the look of the newer Alpines too.

They all do pretty much the same stuff these days.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Go get yourself a Eclipse CD7200MKII. Best HU for tuning capabilities.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys. Would also like it to be iphone 4a compatible via direct input or usb in stead of just aux. i find that the aux doesnt sound as good as usb

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
The best single din unit I've had was a Sony xplod Bluetooth unit you can play your music via Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth phone menu lets you access your phone book without touching the phone

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also how hard it it to put a newer steering wheel onto a vr v6 acclaim? I mean a steering wheel with the stereo controls inbuilt because according to the info i was reading it also supports resistance based steering wheel controls

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got lucky today. Manages to score a somy xplode 600w 4 channel amp from super cheap for $100. Was advertised at $150 so i think thats a win in my books. Will do to run the rears and subs for now as managed to blow up my dub amp last weekend and when i can afford a decent amp
For my subs i will use it to run my fronts as well as my rears