Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best general front brake pads for vx

onlinejames

Reaction score
whats the best cost affective pads for a vx
you see a few different brands out there, are there any to avoid, dont like noisy brakes, generally get bendix, i see r&e auto have stryker are they any good??
if i get new rotors do i have to get them machined ?
thanks

Last edited:

slammedvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais, ve ssv
bendix are normally pretty good, part number db1331gct and db1332gct, you can get your rotors machined if they need it and are still above min thickness or get new ones. you dont machine new rotors

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Use ferodo, $40 for a front pair, They are dusty, Not Noisy, quite impressed with the stopping power by them, Alot better then the OEMs i Had on it. Have not let me down yet.
And No dont machine new Discs, Dont ever machine discs as they get thinner then warp easier, The Cost of Discs its just not worth it, Just get a new Set of Discs.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I Use ferodo, $40 for a front pair, They are dusty, Not Noisy, quite impressed with the stopping power by them, Alot better then the OEMs i Had on it. Have not let me down yet.
And No dont machine new Discs, Dont ever machine discs as they get thinner then warp easier, The Cost of Discs its just not worth it, Just get a new Set of Discs.

I was going to suggest that he did not use Ferodo. I bought some for the rear a few weeks ago and I can't believe the amount of dust they produce. I have to clean the wheels every day. I will be replacing them with Bendix tomorrow.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I have db1334 instead of db1331 on the VT Commodore.

The db1334 fit the standard caliper and compared to the db1331 are a much larger pad material area.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I was going to suggest that he did not use Ferodo. I bought some for the rear a few weeks ago and I can't believe the amount of dust they produce. I have to clean the wheels every day. I will be replacing them with Bendix tomorrow.
I'm the same , have Ferodo on the rear of my VE and they create more dust that the Bendix i have on the front.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. depends on which Ferodo

the Ferodo Motorsport are a much better pad, don't chew rotors (like bendix do)
and show very little dust thru use

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
my daily has Bendix Ultimate - can't fault them.