Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Injector Replacement for a VN

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VP's are the earliest I've seen but the VS ones are ev6 injectors which are different again

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
I could be wrong, but if a VT runs higher injection pressures, using lower flowing injectors, it may be due to the fact that the Injectors allow for better atomisation of the fuel. This would mean less fuel would need to be injected, as the fuel will mix better with the oxygen. It could also be an emissions thing for that year of engine. As I said though, I could be wrong

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
VN Ser1 280 150 901 18.55flow per hour
VR Ser1 280 150 960 18.25flow per hour
So its smaller the vn has a higher flow
But unless there is any modifications done to the car just get the VN ones reco or something.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Airstrike says the VN injectors have 4 holes even though you can't see in there, he cut one up and had a look :) (crazy man)

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah they do you can see them (if pulled out) i had some injectors out of a ford put them in ran samecouldnt tell difference but they where a 280 150 960 so some1 put VR injectors into the ford then i got them and the VN injectors had more flow but yeah the for one was slightly shorter then the VN. and had a single spray hole not 4

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
Can you get aftermarket hi-performance injectors? Does anyone know the power increase? Im after a stage1 or 2 cam upgrade soon and doubt the stock injectors will flow enough mixture to cope. Will Vt injectors work with stage 1? or is it still not enough?

my ride vn v6

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Can you get aftermarket hi-performance injectors? Does anyone know the power increase? Im after a stage1 or 2 cam upgrade soon and doubt the stock injectors will flow enough mixture to cope. Will Vt injectors work with stage 1? or is it still not enough?

my ride vn v6
The stock ones will be fine with the cam upgrade mate.

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
so whats the verdict here, are vt ones betta or not.. im looking at replacing my injectors and ive read all the post but it just seems like a bunch of numbers.. soo..
yes or no..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
so whats the verdict here, are vt ones betta or not.. im looking at replacing my injectors and ive read all the post but it just seems like a bunch of numbers.. soo..
yes or no..
That's it mate, it is all a bunch of numbers. Grab the part number off your's and the one off the VT's and look on the bosch motorsport website. Compare the flow rates, as long as there isn't a huge difference, and you have some mods to support the upgrade go ahead.