Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best LED reverse lights

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
please explian to me excatly what it is youre looking for in a reverse light bulb?

define: BEST in terms of reverse light bulbs..

see to me, a P21W is exactly that... a P21W. theyre around 4 dollars, completely ROAD WORTHY which LED lights are not and fit and function exactly as they were designed to.

Best, as in brightest and biggest spread of light, so that I can see the most possible things whilst reversing. Doesn't even have to be LED, just whatever has the most visible light.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Best, as in brightest and biggest spread of light, so that I can see the most possible things whilst reversing. Doesn't even have to be LED, just whatever has the most visible light.

Sounds like you need a Light bar and a Scotchlok ;)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

then this is for you:
Narva_Taurus_Bull_Driving_Light.jpg

a reverse light by definition is a warning marker to advise other drivers of your intentions to go backwards.

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Not everyone follows every post you make ari..... But thanks wraith, appreciate the info on it being an ADR thing.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
then this is for you:
Narva_Taurus_Bull_Driving_Light.jpg

a reverse light by definition is a warning marker to advise other drivers of your intentions to go backwards.

Pretty sure they are also so you can see where you are going when reversing at night... Don't need a flood light, just the brightest bulb that'll fit that socket, as as i previously stated the last few I've fitted have not been bright enough.