Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best location/setup for vt

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Ok, i already have a system, but i just got another set of kenwood 6" splits

CURRENTLY:

6" splits in front doors (tweeters in dash)
6x9" in the parcel shelf
2 12" subs in the boot

Now i have a new set of 6" splits (exact same as the ones in my front doors) I want to know will it be better having them in the rear doors and removing the 6x9's or will it be better leaving the 6x9's in the shelf. I know 6x9s are a sub replacement, so people will most likely say put the 6" splits in BUT, they are down in the bottom of the doors, will the treble still sound alright? or will it just become all muffled by the subs for the people in the back seat

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Ok, i already have a system, but i just got another set of kenwood 6" splits

CURRENTLY:

6" splits in front doors (tweeters in dash)
6x9" in the parcel shelf
2 12" subs in the boot

Now i have a new set of 6" splits (exact same as the ones in my front doors) I want to know will it be better having them in the rear doors and removing the 6x9's or will it be better leaving the 6x9's in the shelf. I know 6x9s are a sub replacement, so people will most likely say put the 6" splits in BUT, they are down in the bottom of the doors, will the treble still sound alright? or will it just become all muffled by the subs for the people in the back seat

I would reccomend taking the 6X9's out and putting the 6" in the parcel shelf...leave the doors free, or alternatively you can put another two speakers in the doors later on! Amp up the speakers...and you will have a fully sick set up

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
I would reccomend taking the 6X9's out and putting the 6" in the parcel shelf...leave the doors free, or alternatively you can put another two speakers in the doors later on! Amp up the speakers...and you will have a fully sick set up

yeah if i could put the 6"s in the parcel shelf i would be out there right now swapping them over, Problem is my vt has standard 6x9" holes in the shelf. So... id think it would probly sound **** with air air holes around it lol not to mention ilegal drilling holes to fit the 6"s in

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
6's in the doors, remove the 6x9's and never consider putting 3 sets of speakers in. There's absolutely no need and it usually makes it sound worse unless all your after is a loud mess of sound :)

Since they're splits, you can put the tweeter anywhere on the door or B-pillar (as long as it's facing rearwards. I'd put the tweeter down low near the woofer and aim them toward the rear window.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
ahhh shittt yeahhh. Thanks heaps man, that will do the job beautifully. Il have to go order some through autobarn. Should sound mint once ive got em all in

once again THANKYOU