Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best / Loudest Twin Cat-back System for my VE Omega 2006 ?????

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
Hi guys I am pretty new to this stuff. I am just wondering what will be the best / loudest twin Cat-back system for my VE Omega 2006, X-force or Di Filippo. Should I go with 2.5" system or 3" system. Also what dual exhaust tips should I get in order to get that roar sound. Does it matter what size the dual exhaust tips are.

Also in order to get the dual exhaust to work, do I have to purchase a sv6 rear bumper and also where or can I just go to a spray paint / panel beater shop and tell the to modify the rear bumper.
Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
But i still want one, and also I heard a few sv6 that sound good, obviously not like a v8 but close to it.

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
also does a bigger inlet make the car louder or not

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Generally, I find at least, that the louder it is, the crapper it sounds.

SCABBYGASH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
take off the stock system. Smash a steel pole through the cat then replace with a steel straight through system or drill about 50 holes in your muff an u will have nascar dronnnne. Trust Me 100 % legal an cheapo as a vietnamese boy lady

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
cut it from the headers mate and tie wire the exhaust up so it dont drag on the ground.....actually naa let it drag along the ground...the sparks might add to the whole effect.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
I have a SV6 with an exhaust system and it doesn't sound like a wet fart! as for the rest of the stupid comments i suggest you put them in the jokes section of the forum

As for the original question if you want it loud be prepared for drone as the 6's do drone making a bigger inlet will give it a different note but not really louder usually a deeper note I would stick to 2.5 and go the Di Fillipo if you can afford it...the xforce seems to drone a lot according to people on this forum and i have heard they are cheap quality...go see your local exhaust shop would be the best thing for you :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ive never heard a V6 that sounds good with a loud exhaust. Ive met lots of owners that think it sounds good when it doesnt.

Happy to be proven wrong with youtube links....