Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best / Loudest Twin Cat-back System for my VE Omega 2006 ?????

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah me too TinSnips....needs not to be to loud otherwise they start sounding crap. Also needs to have an x-pipe or two. I reckon mine sounds OK and is not obnoxious.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
maybe just purchase a SS stock system and bolt it on? Ive heard they sounds alot better with that.

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
so what will make my omega sound louder, 2.5" or 3" and why?

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
Will a X force 2.5" cat back system be good. And also what to you mean by straight through muffler where can i buy that. The X force site only sell Oval mufflers are they straight through? And also will the choice of exhaust tip make a difference? And what inlet and Outlet center size should I get. Is the bigger the inlet size the louder the exhaust?

Thanks!!!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
trust me a real loud exhaust get to be a real pain real quick, good at first but when your half deaf from the drone on the freeways youll wish you didnt do it and youll get sick of having to idle past cops because its too loud ive been there and done that.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i just got my vy v6's exhaust done... pacemaker extractors, high flow cats and 2.5 in sports exhaust... got the muffler so its reasonably quiet below about 2500rpm and then it gets nice and loud... it does sound a little bit ricer but it has a really nice crackle to it so im liking it for a v6

my advice: dont try and make it sound like a v8 cause its lame... just try and get the best performance out of it and at the end of the day youll probably end up with a decent sound for a v6... if you beat someone down the 1/4 mile youll have all the answers you need to the whole your car sounds crap jokes lol

EDIT: pretty much no drone on the highway... you kinda have to strain to hear it

Last edited:

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i had an SV6 and wanted an exhaust that made a bit of noise.

first i had maloo mufflers, then swapped the rear muffler for straight through pipes, then put and xforce 2.25"

i reckon you should just swap the rear mufflers for pipes and put quad tips on there.