Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best / Loudest Twin Cat-back System for my VE Omega 2006 ?????

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
So what is the answer? I'm putting 2.5 inch KPM cat backs on my sportwagon. Go see Paul at Elite on Beatty Rd Archerfield. All his staff have exhaust systems. He can show you and let you hear what might work. But beware...Paul will do his best to sell you something

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The best answer to the ops question is...

NONE! Don't waste money on pointless V6 mods.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
LOL...been so waiting for that.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
want it loud? Extractors, 2.5inch system centre long big hotdog, early dump pipe to road at the rear wheels (no resonator as dump is just before that)

Got that setup on my V6, sounds alot like an 8 at low rev range, yes gets a little crackly up high but sounds mean and no where near as shitty as you'd expect. Got this on my vt.

Shame you aint in Brisbane. Happily show anyone that doesnt think itd sound good.

you obviously havnt heard any good 8's, alot of ppl lately think there 6's sound like 8's, whats the go lol

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Mine sounds like a 6...a really ####ing sweet one :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Got that setup on my V6, sounds alot like an 8 at low rev range, yes gets a little crackly up high but sounds mean and no where near as shitty as you'd expect. Got this on my vt.

My wife's car sounds like my VE when it's switched off too. Any higher in the rev range and it sounds exactly like the 4 cyl it is. It's like getting a huge booming bass with 2" tweets - just not going to happen and pointless pretending it will. For the record: Loud does not = sound like V8.

Reaper

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
you obviously havnt heard any good 8's, alot of ppl lately think there 6's sound like 8's, whats the go lol

My 6 doesn't sound like an 8 through the whole range. I said that at low rev's it comes pretty damn close i reckon. Really lumpy and pretty deep note. I'll try to get a video up at some point of it. Can't wait to get a v8 when off p's -_- .