Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best / Loudest Twin Cat-back System for my VE Omega 2006 ?????

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
What size should the pacemaker high flow cats be??? in order to get a roar sound but also a good performance from the v6

Wouldn't bother buying better cats for a v6, grab some secondhand off a v8 slightly higher flowing. I have 400CPI cats from an ls1 on mine, didn't cost much and flow a bit more, crackles and pops :)

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
Alright guys I am trading in my omega for a ve Sv6. Now in order to get the loudest sound with deep note on my new sv6 with no drone will this work for me????

2.5 inch X force catback system with pacemaker headers/etractors, high flow cats, removed resonator. Did I miss anything ??????

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
The front end of my exhaust seems to significantly reduce drone when cruising, 70-100. Which is fantastic compared to the rubbish system I had on my last car.

Pacemakers >>>>> Twin Cats >>>> Twin 2 1/4" >>>>> Single 2 1/2" the rest of the way back.

Its bloody loud when giving it the boot but when you're maintaining rpm between 1300-1850 its pretty quiet.

Nikola

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6, VX Commodore
SHould I also have the centre / front muffler removed????

Also is it true that the smaller the length of the rear muffler the louder and how about the inlet size. WHat is an inlet. Does a bigger inlet improve the sound of the car????

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Arrrgh 'tis Akuna Matada or is that Groundhog Day :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
gasp.gif

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Mate.. honestly.

Heres what you SHOULD do if you own a SV6.

1. Replace mufflers (pacemaker, redback, difillipo etc) I have pacemakers on mine in stainless.

2. Headers/Extractors. I bought mine for $395 from the distributor in dandenong south. Then got it coated in castlemaine for $250

3. Cats (if you must) 100CPI cats are the best flowing, probably abit of overkill, id go with ballistic's or even the xplode ones on here. probs around $300-$400

4. Cut out the hotdogs and crimp section in the stock exhaust and replace with stainless steel 2.25" pipe. $50 (if that)

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE. If you go out and 'upsize' to a 2.5" or 3" exhaust you will be loosing power and fuel economy UNLESS it's turbo/supercharged.
The exhausts on the SV6's are pretty much perfect cept for what I mentioned above. Don't waste your money on a $2000 catback, it's uneeded.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
SHould I also have the centre / front muffler removed????

Also is it true that the smaller the length of the rear muffler the louder and how about the inlet size. WHat is an inlet. Does a bigger inlet improve the sound of the car????

Look, you have been given a lot of decent advise in this thread and obviously you don't want to take it. To me it sounds as if you want the biggest, loudest fark-off exhaust known to mankind rather than a decent low growl you could have. Go get some pacemakers, bash the guts out of your cats, a 3 inch system to the rear mufflers and then get those (I think they are called) 'J pipes' people put on V8s. Thats the only way you will get the god-awful noise you want.