Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best mods for vt v6?

URBTN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Series 1
I just bought a stock vt v6 for my first car and was just looking for ideas on what mods i should start with? any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
There are a lot of things that can be done with these vehicles to vastly improve performance; firstly you must have a plan & a build budget to know what direction to take your VT. To give you a basic idea as to what is possible, please take the time to read some of the MACE Ecotec Power Packages & MACE VT V6 Ecotec Upgrades

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
A Service. Unless your going for forced Induction, After all the Mods, It may come back to about the same power as when it came out of the factory. Save Ya Money and just look after the car mate.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I just bought a stock vt v6 for my first car and was just looking for ideas on what mods i should start with? any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

Not so much a mod but I'd recommend concentrating on gaining experience and learning to drive the car :thumbsup:
Btw - assuming you are on your P plates and in vic, any performance mod will invalidate your license to drive that car and thus void any and all insurance you may have. At best you can service the car and get it running in tip top shape which is highly recommended anyway. You can always go for a set of wheels, lowered springs and paint the dash some hideous colour.

URBTN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Series 1
thanks for your advice guys. that mace site is pretty much what ive been looking for! and i service it every 15,000kms ive fixed all the ticking noises and everything trying my best to get it in tip top shape!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
thanks for your advice guys. that mace site is pretty much what ive been looking for! and i service it every 15,000kms ive fixed all the ticking noises and everything trying my best to get it in tip top shape!

Service intervals are 10,000km max for a VT.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
As Reaper said, performance can come from better driving, not just power add ons. Gain the driving experience 1st would be the best mod.
You could upgrade the brakes with decent rotors, and good pads, make sure the steering etc is in top condition, maybe lower it a bit, and a nice set of wheels and tyres(not 20") 17" would be what I would go with.
Dont get sucked in by all the wank on these forums. Plenty of time for that later.

mrchapalapa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Series II V6 Ecotec
Hey has anyone ever bought the Mace Ecotec Bolt on package kit here? If so, is it hard to fit and does it all work well together. Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As soon as someone asks about mods the first thing people say is always perfomance related. Why does "mod" automatically mean performance?

I agree though, you won't increase "power" but you can make it a whole lot more fun to drive.