Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best P-plate friendly peformance products for the ecotec?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd first go for either a manual conversion or modify and beef up the transmission - if these are not done in the first place they will soon fail. I'd also be very careful that I hang onto my P plates as going back to walking ain't no fun which you are aware of. Maybe also do a precision driving course that will allow you to better use the power you have already.
Back when I started driving in the 50's, a flathead V8 souped up was flat out doing 100Kph in under 10 secs and that was after fitting hi-comp heads, straight thru exhaust, twin or triple dual barrel carbys and a Mallory magneto. That figure of 0 to 60MPH (100Kph) in under 10 seconds was the figure you dreamed of. A standard VS will do it in around 8 seconds so don't feel bad about it!
Good luck with whatever mods you do.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
3 words.

Rear - mount - turbo.

148_0502_turbo_12_z.jpg

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
That would have to be very inefficient as the exhaust gases have much less velocity/oomph the cooler they get...and then you have to pump it up the front again???

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Rockers for a cheaper and easier install, Sucks being a P plater, had the same problems.
Were did you Get LSD done, Looking on ebay approx $200 for entire rear axl, would replace my self but if price is good. Got the mace pod box and upgraded to K&N filter with the 12mm spacer done,

Doing the rockers next, the ones from mace again.
Bought an lsd centre off ebay fully rebuilt and had it put in by a diff shop

I'd first go for either a manual conversion or modify and beef up the transmission - if these are not done in the first place they will soon fail. I'd also be very careful that I hang onto my P plates as going back to walking ain't no fun which you are aware of. Maybe also do a precision driving course that will allow you to better use the power you have already.
Back when I started driving in the 50's, a flathead V8 souped up was flat out doing 100Kph in under 10 secs and that was after fitting hi-comp heads, straight thru exhaust, twin or triple dual barrel carbys and a Mallory magneto. That figure of 0 to 60MPH (100Kph) in under 10 seconds was the figure you dreamed of. A standard VS will do it in around 8 seconds so don't feel bad about it!
Good luck with whatever mods you do.
Yeah mate she is already a manual, I have also done 2 skid pan driving courses which was good fun, really keen on doing another one actually. And yeah you make a good point with 0-100 times. I found out I can beat a brand new lancer but I still want more power like alot of people do haha

3 words.

Rear - mount - turbo.
Hahaha thats sick, only thing is the cops would probably catch onto the 4metres of silver piping running along the car

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
haha everytime you did a burnout in that thing it would be sucking in rubber and smoke... maybe run the pod up into your boot would be better lol