Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Best Performance Mods i can make to my gen 3 5.7l LS1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTringy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 3.8
money is no problem i wanna go all out, im just looking to go crazy and see what beast i can produce and i want opinions on what you all think are the best performance mods out there. links to websites, lists and anything like that are greatly appreciated. Im thinking pistons and rings, push rods, roller rockers, twin throttle body and manifold? supercharger possibly, a good grind camshaft, lifters, valve springs, billet fuel rails, fuel injectors etc. i have an idea of what brands and everything just keen to know what everyone thinks is the best and what other things i can work on/add that Ive missed. The more info the better and everyone's input is appreciated cheers!

JTringy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 3.8
oh and a good opinion of the best cai? i have an idea but not sure as to what else is out there that i dont know about that may be better!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
moved thread to the correct section, where you will actually find many threads with varying info that you're after

LSx Development and Modification

decide what you want to do with the car, as opposed to just throwing money at it.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Since money is no object take it to a well known tuner in your area, or even a race car builder, give them a spec of what you want to do with the car, a time frame, and remind them you have an unlimited budget and boom! All done.

Woody_SS

Defective User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Money no issue:
Why stay 5.7?
Why just 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
You forgot heads, throw heaps of money at good heads.
But as said, plan it well and build complementary parts together with a final goal set in stone.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
decide what you want to do with the car, as opposed to just throwing money at it.

This is the million dollar question.

We could tell you to forge it, stroke it tub it with with 15" wide rear tyres, cut a hole in your bonnet and run a 14/71 supercharger ontop as an example. But that's no good if you want to drive it to work lol.

So what do you want to use it for and what do you mean by all out?

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
approx budget and intended usage would be a good start, btw most people don't bother with changing rockers on LS engines these days apart from those running >.650 lift cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.