Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Performance Mods i can make to my L76 6.0L engine?

JTringy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 3.8
money is no problem im just looking to go crazy and see what beast i can produce and i want opinions on what you all think are the best performance mods out there. links to websites, lists and anything like that are greatly appreciated. Im thinking pistons and rings, push rods, roller rockers, twin throttle body and manifold? best supercharger kit? ive seen a few but not certain on which one to choose. a good grind camshaft, lifters, valve springs, billet fuel rails, fuel injectors etc. i have an idea of what brands and everything just keen to know what everyone thinks is the best and what other things i can work on/add that Ive missed. The more info the better and everyone's input is appreciated cheers!

dont need to take it to a tuner or a builder i will get it tuned after ive modified it the way i want as i will be doing a majority of the work myself, this is the engine ive chosen and ive picked it for a reason so no i dont want to build or modify any other engine. this car will still have to be barely street legal so any superchargers need to fit under the hood. i want to use it for normal street driving but do intend to take it to track also.

one more thing, what does everyone think about pacemaker headers with xforce twin cats and xforce 3' 2x twin tip exhaust?

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
Mate, you need to do some of your own research and then come back with questions. Next thing will be a thread about the best mods for an LS3.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Money no problem?

A blown LS7 FTW!

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Just so I have go this straight, you're going to build an engine yourself but you have no idea what parts to use, but your going to go by the advice of a bunch of guys and gals you don't even know on an internet forum, and expect to get good information from different people who have different opinions that most likely will contradict each other, and also money is no object, but you wont say what the intended use of the car is, or what horsepower or torque figure your aiming for, or if its a manual or automatic, and you have decided on an L76 as a good base, but you wont say why when clearly its not the best base to start from?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
$10 says its just a youngin' doing a school assignment. In which case, he/she should have said so, cause then the info would just pour outta us.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
This thread is ****.
I would really like to be more constructive, but the op has really put me off wanting to help them out.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Lol, i stopped at the first paragraph, cause i knew it'd be ****. Kept reading, and the LOL's just kept coming.