Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best rear mufflers SV6

JSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 SV6 Storm
I’m wondering what are the best sounding aftermarket mufflers to get for a VF1 SV6. Yes I know it’s a V6, but I just want my car to be a tiny bit louder without having to go for a whole cat-back. Not really interested in straight through tail pipes, I’ve had a look at OPG/Ultrex mufflers but I’m after some more opinions. Cheers guys.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Get factory V8 mufflers no drone and won't sound over the top

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
VF

Is there any difference between SS mufflers vs SSV mufflers vs SSV-Redline mufflers (VF1&2 models)
Yes. VF AFM style are quieter. VF2 are Ballie tips with bi-modal funtion. J pipes might be worth considering.

JSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 SV6 Storm
Yes. VF AFM style are quieter. VF2 are Ballie tips with bi-modal funtion. J pipes might be worth considering.
Yeah I’m not after a rear muffler with bi modal function. So my best option would be to buy a VF1 SS muffler (Non-bi modal) since they don’t feature a bi modal function am I correct?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah I’m not after a rear muffler with bi modal function. So my best option would be to buy a VF1 SS muffler (Non-bi modal) since they don’t feature a bi modal function am I correct?
I reckon the VF2 style will sound better. They certainly do on a V8. But, they're harder to find and will cost multiples. VF AFM style were a dime a dozen. Not sure now though? They were designed to quieten the V8 down and they did that job really well.

Last edited:

Remi Lezon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFI SV6 Storm
I’m wondering what are the best sounding aftermarket mufflers to get for a VF1 SV6. Yes I know it’s a V6, but I just want my car to be a tiny bit louder without having to go for a whole cat-back. Not really interested in straight through tail pipes, I’ve had a look at OPG/Ultrex mufflers but I’m after some more opinions. Cheers guys.
Any luck finding AFM Factory SS mufflers? Currently in the exact same position you describe in your original message.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Hi mate, I've a series 1 SSV and put some Berklee mufflers on mine. I know it's a V8, and I'm very happy with them, but the guy who installed them for me said they also suit the V6 really well. Not sure where you are situated, but it might be worth giving Chris at Best Mufflers in Sydney a call, he's happy to give advice over the phone and does do Internet sales .